First Jew and Monster Bream - Glades

Jay88

Hey guys..hope you are all well...so after spending roughly 20 hours a week...getting out of the office at 5pm...rigging up and gearin the car (to save as much time possible, as I dont have a boat and its all land based for me)...and just going home to change and return for dinner at 12am...I finally caught a jew from Gladesville.

Had dead yakka out..after the live bait died...had drag down...was fishing on my smaller setup on the other side of the rocks I was on and BOOM i hear my 8000 reel just let lose.. my mate grabbed the rod...tightened drag and i let it rip. Head shakes everywhere...i knew it wasnt a big one...as i have watched hours of Youtube videos on how a jew hits bait.

Honestly. ..stoked. Had a 12ft rod out...30lb leader and 20lb mono main..backed by a 8000 reel with around 300 meteres on it..people.laughed when i would walk around with that..but id rather be over prepared than under prepared.

Im only fishing for a couple months..so.i just wanted to bbe ready for that day my reel screams off.

I also caught my record best Bream at 45cm

Thank you Tag for all advice and the lessons I get from you regularly.

post-36918-0-32791500-1442182156_thumb.jpg

post-36918-0-34316200-1442182157_thumb.jpg

post-36918-0-43027300-1442182158_thumb.jpg

post-36918-0-39542400-1442182159_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jay88

Congrats jay. By the sounds of it you've worked hard on your skills and listen to much advice on Fishraider. Do you have a photo of that bream on a mat??? If so, that is a possible new raider record!

Well done :)

Cheers scratchie!!!

Mr Scratchie, sent you a PM mate. Cant wait to get home and send in an official measurement!