Nepean river bass

daniel ogden

• 5 weeks later...

Tr :fishing1:y from 4pm on wards, with this current stormy weather, they tend to come on the bite just before the storm.

Funny you should say that. The best day I had last Summer was with a threatening storm and I got 37 Murray Cod. Must work across many freshwater species.

I caught 3 today within an hour.then nothing for the next 3 hours, but they were there and sometimes following the lures. They were between 22cm and 28cm specimens. I'm still finding my way around Bass fishing. I'm lead to believe better days ahead. Warmer weather, more insect activity at dawn and dusk will make them fire up. Just watch where you walk, I disturbed a Red bellied black snake, and yes, I crapped myself. I'm glad we both went in different directions. ??

• 2 weeks later...

Various spinner baits have been doing the job, but I have been finding that they go quiet very quickly. I'm not sure as to why, but I'd only be guessing that they not quite on song yet, or they are spooked quite easily. ( don't forget, I'm new to Bass fishing aswell). As for locations, I'm still figuring things out.

Bass are definitely around, I hit south creek two weeks ago and landed two and hooked a third on a cicada walker, was using surface right up until midday when I called it quits. Just hit it right up against the bank in them overhangs.

Planning to hit it again around Windsor on my local stretch this weekend, will put a report up on my efforts.