Fishing the local creek

big Neil

It's closed season for Murray Cod, so they can get on with the business of creating the future stocks. This time of year I usually go down to the Murrumbidgee to get a few Yellowbelly...however we have had stacks of rain and all the tracks are in very bad condition. Add to that the fact that there is virtually no water in the river and I have to refer to plan "B".

Plan "B" is where I target Carp in a big way. They are in plague proportion here and so I do my best to eradicate as many as I can. So far I've accounted for about 40 or so, some of which have been around 10lb in weight, and are great fun to catch. Today I got a big surprise though with a Murray Cod of 65cms taking the bread dough offering. I was very careful getting it out of the water and unhooked before releasing it, completely unharmed. Now I'm sure that bread is not part of their natural diet, but that's the 3rd one that I've caught in a year, using bread bait. Back again tomorrow to oust a few more Carp from the system... they are such good fun to catch. Cheers, Neil

Bread may not be a part of there regular diet but neither is cheese & that's all I've heard being used for bait lately, I will be down to try my luck in December using information that I've gathered I might try a secret bait mixture & if not successful I will eat the cheese sandwich myself LOL

You keep clearing them carp out, your doing us all a favour.

Brett

Edited by oz_brett