What is this?

mrsswordfisherman

By the looks of things it may be used to pick things up or out. The design of those fore pincers and what looks to me is an obvious grip.

So I reckon it was used to pull something out of a fire or maybe handle an ingot just poured.

Just a thought.

It's an old Swiss Army knife style tool. 100% has scissors, leather punch, tweasers and a hammer. Pretty sure I got something like this in a Christmas cracker once [emoji23]

I started in the shoe trade when I was a 15yo and stayed in it for 34 years. This looks like some sort of leather tool although I've never seen one before. My guess for the long groove part at the bottom would be for wider leatherbelts. The belt wwould slide into the groove so that the holes could be punched in the center to line up with the buckle. Looking at the actual punch there is probably a grub screw so size of hole punch can be changed or even a rivet tool could be inserted.

Edited by ambrose607

ambrose607, got me thinking. Now the thing top right that looks like a shoe.. could that be a cutter? If the pincer end gripped onto something maybe leather was cut by it. The hole punch, pretty cool. The whole tool is awesome.

Edited by finin

Thanks Mrs Swordyfor posting for me.

Thank you for all your responses. As far as size it is laying across a ledger book in the pic above. This second pic shows the pointy thing which cannot punch holes as the part it closes down on is hollow. I was thinking like to pack or seal something like bullets. The cutting part I don't think could cut as it is blunt and thick like it has never had a sharp blade also it fits through two pronge with a couple of cm space on either side. More like it pushes somthing through to crack, snap or bend. I hope this makes sense as I'm running ought of ideas. Tha gap part is maybe a gauge of some kind. I tried to get more pics yeasterday but the museum was closed when we left town.

post-1141-0-77959000-1443774318_thumb.jpeg