Fibreglass Hull in Tasmania

Quokka7

Hello all, my first post so please forgive my ignorance if I mess it up

About 2 years ago I bought my first ever boat, Signature 543 latest hull design. Loving the boat and using it often as I can, which is no where near enough, but you get that. Suzuki 115 on the back.

Ideal boat I thought, as I live in WA and we have many white sandy beaches and of course Rottnest not too far away in good enough weather for my boat and me..!!

My question is, will this same boat be ok to use in Southern Tasmania, I am going to be living down in the Huon Valley area soon and I was just wondering with rivers and logs and rocks and oysters etc how my hull will cope. I have been out on a couple of boats down there, aluminium hulls, not recently, but the thought just crossed my mind as to how the fibreglass hulls cope with these conditions

Anyone down that way with a fibreglass hull that can offer me some advise, I would appreciate all and any input

Thank you

Quokka

Hi mate,

Welcome :)

You are going to have to upgrade :P Or I would be using that as an excuse to get a 6M+

I am pretty sure I read an article somewhere that a Haines Signature crossed over to New Zealand or Tasmania, I just can't find the article. Anyway I just had a look at some images of Huon Valley, you will be fine! Looks like the Hawkesbury River.

• 2 weeks later...