Thats What We Want To See...salmonfest

Narralakes

Ken- I was actually out with Stuart (fantastic guide, learnt heaps and will be back in summer :thumbup: ) and after leaving the salmon we tried for a king at the spit using live squid for squat. Moved to McGills spot on the vid for the blackies and got two downs straight away but they missed both :05: then the wind STUFFED us and could not get a drift so pulled the pin and moved to the wedding cake for a last ditch kingie effort but no go. Back at the spit at 2. Great day out though, Stuey is a champion bloke :thumbup::thumbup:

We didnt get the best look at the bonnies but around 2-3kg i would say. They were only a tiny school working real close to the rocks and moved very quickly.

Anthony,

glad you guys had a good day out and you got your moneys worth by the sounds of it, too bad the kingies werent around. They must have been big bonnies, 2-3 kgs would have made them bigger than the salmon and they are supposed to go like anything arent they? Its always good when you have a good day with a guide, they're not cheap.

Anthony,

glad you guys had a good day out and you got your moneys worth by the sounds of it, too bad the kingies werent around.  They must have been big bonnies, 2-3 kgs would have made them bigger than the salmon and they are supposed to go like anything arent they?  Its always good when you have a good day with a guide, they're not cheap.

70218[/snapback]

Ive caught bonnies on heavyish gear before and they fought like demons so i could only imagine them on fly :1yikes:

they are predominantly summer species but can pop up at any time. Last year they were thick just off Broken Bay in Autumn and we came across them while chasing kings. Im no bonnie expert but im sure any offshore guys would know alot more. They were rather good eating too :biggrin2:

G Day Ken it was great to say G day and you were definetly doing better with the fluff than we were with the spin gear. Mate you should of seen then a month ago the school was conservetley about 300m square and even with a few blokes running straight through them would jump on everything. Its hard when its like the condtions on Friday with a flotilla of boats chasing them all over the joint so to do well is a real credit. Good on ya.

Sounds like you guys had a good day as well, I was expecting you guys to come back from up north at any moment. The school certainly wasnt as big as the one you described that came through a month ago, but there was still heaps there, biggest school Iv'e managed to come across, so I'm very happy, BTW, the fluff worked well and all home made, ugly but effective.

Sounds like you guys had a good day as well, I was expecting you guys to come back from up north at any moment.  The school certainly wasnt as big as the one you described that came through a month ago, but there was still heaps there, biggest school Iv'e managed to come across, so I'm very happy, BTW, the fluff worked well and all home made, ugly but effective.

70383[/snapback]

yeah we did mate it was great to catch up with Mark and you. you would of done well on the tuna I recon. nxt time eh.