Cherry Popping And New Reel Opening Cr

marlin_dc

What a day it has been!!! Went out with Kim Da Bream (Kamal)today to the Georges river for a fish. At the boat ramp, the wind was still and the water was warm. We were quietly optimistic that we would do well today. Boy did i need it. After a long and lean winter for me and with a new stella to christian, I badly need something decent today.

we started the session at Captain Cooks bridge in hope we would cross paths with one of the many jewies which have been "rumoured" to be prowling the georges river of late. As none of us have ever landed a SP jewie we really were not too sure what to do. We started casting around the pylons After moving over a couple of holes with little to show but tailor chops on our tails, we were getting pretty disappointed. Finally just as the tide turned, my line jumped and i was losing line at a pretty decent rate. Hookup!!! Oh pls pls dun let it be a flattie. Finally after a decent couple of runs, we saw colour. And it was silver !! A jewie!. Just at that moment i realised that i didn't bring my boga and had to rely on kamal's dodgy looking "boga" Just as kamal lifted the jewie on board the "boga" gave way and the jewie fell on the floor. There i was howling and yapping like a kid in a candy store. My fisrt sp jewie and my cherry popped! At 71 cm it was not gonna break and records but who care!!!! It was my first and thats all that mattered. I was stoked. The Sp which was it downfall was the 5 inch jerk shad with a revhead jighead. After the customary photos, we let the jewie go to grow some more. Now Kamal wanted one and off he went casting. A couple of cast later, he too got hit and the fish took him all around the boat. A couple of mins later, a nice looking jewie came on boat. 62cm it went. yipeee!!! 2 Sp Jewie "virgins " no more!!! Things were looking gd. After that all we got were a couple of flatties. so it was time for a move. Off we went to botany bay for the trevors.

post-736-1128061233_thumb.jpg

post-736-1128061274_thumb.jpg

I had recently bought a stella 1000 and was really hoping to open its account today. Have always believed that i had to catch a proper fish on new gear. Rigging up a bass minow each we both fired a cast out and bang !! Double hookup at the same time!!! The stella didn;t even get a crank before my bassminow was hit!!!!! This is a great reel!! This continued for the new hour and we ended the session with 17 gd sized trevors. The day just gets better and better.

post-736-1128061303_thumb.jpg

We then headed upriver inhope for a bream or two. People who know me knows that I havn't acutally landed a proper bream for over two months. It was great that my 1st couple of cast on our first boat resulted in a nice fit undersized bream for me. Small but its all gd. To make things even better i actually landed a legal bream (30cm)!!!! that was such an uncommon sight for me. With my last legal bream over two months ago.

post-736-1128061335_thumb.jpg

We tried fishing a couple more holes which resulted in 2 more hookups but unfortuantely we didn't get to see a single fish. Oh wells neighter of us were complaining. After that we pulled the pin and headed back to the ramp.

It was a really gd day for me. Enjoyed the company, popped my sp jewie cherry , christianed my stella and finally landed a decent bream after such a long time.

regards

DArryl

Wohoooooooooo GENTLEMEN :thumbup: Congrats on poppin your cherries on a couple of real nice sp jews ,looks like you followed our lead and went straight for the (G) SPOT :074: Great to see all those good pics too and a nice report to boot

CHEERS STEWY