How Do You Fish Fig Tree?

lurespinner

hey guys

im going to fig tree bridge 2morro :thumbup: but i have no idea how to fish it

do i fish off the rocks or wade around the sand flats?

i am going to use soft plastics to try and get some flatties, bream and maybe a trevor

are there any particular places that have good structure or are good for any of these fish?

and lastly is there livebait available to catch jewies?

jewies not important at the moment but meh... might as well try :biggrin2:

thanks guys

Tom

Hi Tom,

Just wade the sandbar at low tide. Basically cast and retrieve slowly as you walk along. I find I lose too much gear in the rocky areas for very few fish. Having said that the deeper rocky holes are probably where the jew hang out. Never tried to get livebait, but there are lots of mullet about so a poddy trap should work.

Also try HBs if the SPs aren't working or the toads get too hungry. Best action is usually as the current picks up with the incoming tide. Have caught fish from one end of the bar to the other, just depends on the day where they are feeding.

I'll probably be there tomorrow, look for someone in a red jacket with backpack. Should be able to put you onto a fish or two (famous last words ...).

cheers,

Jeff

Hi Tom,

Just wade the sandbar at low tide. Basically cast and retrieve slowly as you walk along. I find I lose too much gear in the rocky areas for very few fish. Having said that the deeper rocky holes are probably where the jew hang out. Never tried to get livebait, but there are lots of mullet about so a poddy trap should work.

Also try HBs if the SPs aren't working or the toads get too hungry. Best action is usually as the current picks up with the incoming tide. Have caught fish from one end of the bar to the other, just depends on the day where they are feeding.

I'll probably be there tomorrow, look for someone in a red jacket with backpack. Should be able to put you onto a fish or two (famous last words ...).

cheers,

Jeff

70069[/snapback]

the pressures on :074::074: