Berowra waters

Razzell

Hi guys,

Just a quick one, but I swung out to Berowra this morning (21/10). Never been there before and tides were awful, so it was more a of a reccy than anything. I wasn't expecting much.

Fished the holes in the main stretch, north of the ramp. Got some heavy hits, but no hook ups. Plenty of chopper tailor about. Also, lots and lots of bait balls around. Tiny fish - almost translucent. Surprised the Sambo aren't in there smashing them - they haven't hit anywhere else I would expect them (based on last year), either.

The one thing that might be of interest to you guys is Calabash bay - currently jam packed with Bream and other nursery fish. The vast majority are small, but I had a blast with them fishing the surface lures. Low tide and they were on the flats. Saw a couple of good size ones and plenty of luderick, too. It's the first healthy mangrove I've seen in a long long long time.

The whole system looked like it was ready to kick off. I intend to head back there as much as possible in the near future.

Cheers,

Razz

I went there yesterday for a recon day. Bait balls everywhere and lots of baby tailor <20cm; must have caught around 10 on sps. I explored the flats at joe craft's bay and its tributaries. Was happy to see lots of small bream and some bigger models. Caught 2 bream @ 22 and 27cm and 4 flatties around the 30cm mark. Lots of mullet also. Very good spot to practice with sps and surface lures and relax. Looks like summer will be a good time to come back.