Troony

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Evening all

New to this site and was wondering if there is anyone out there that is willing to give some local advice on tactics and areas to chase some marlin, dollies , kingys??

I shifted to Newy from Qld a couple of years ago and have purchased a 21ft WA.I have a group of fishing buddies from bowen way coming down mid November and we are heading off from broughton for a couple of days fishing. Just wondering if there is any advice on what to chase and some areas I could try to improve the chance of the lads hooking up?

Cheers in advance..

Last year was my first on offshore waters on my own boat. The fads are a great place to get onto the dollies. There were a few marlin hanging around them too. Its a pretty sure thing later in the warmer water season, but the size of the Dollies vary.

Guest no one

Fads if you're out early enough, if not troll around and hope to find some fish traps hanging around... Get the Navionics mobile app and search around "fishy" looking places and you can usually see theres public marks on there where people have added them.

Hey mate message scratchie on here. He lives and breathes the area. Good luck with it

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

At the moment, there are a few stripe marlin about. The dollies have not turned up yet but with the deployment of the fads and the unusual warmer water already, it is only a matter of time. There's plenty of snapper and kings at almark and your best chance of a marlin is about 10km south/east of this mark and work south to the carpark. You may also be a chance of a few jellybean YFT as well. You can catch your livies at cabbage tree island or 50m of the crack at Tomaree headland. There's plenty about. If your looking for the gps marks, I've posted them all on this site in the GPS section.

Good luck and please report how you go! I can't wait to get out there myself. :)

Cheers scratchie!!!

Guest no one

Hey mate message scratchie on here. He lives and breathes the area. Good luck with it

Isn't Broughton is Illiwara Coast not Broughton Island which is in Port Stephens??

Isn't Broughton is Illiwara Coast not Broughton Island which is in Port Stephens??

Oh my bad!! Haha im not that up to date with off shore spots. Just thiught when he said newy and then broughton thought id try put 2 and 2 together haha.

Guest no one

Where is Newy? I just googled Broughton and got Illawarra, I didn't even know you could launch a boat anywhere near Broughton island??

Where is Newy? I just googled Broughton and got Illawarra, I didn't even know you could launch a boat anywhere near Broughton island??

Newy is short for newcastle! Or to be novacastrian! Your equivalent of a merciesider! I think!

Google sucks - ignore me!

Hahaha all good ed. Not your neck of the woods ;P

Hahaha all good ed. Not your neck of the woods ;P

Correct :)

Cheers for the tips guys ... much appreciated. Scratchie cheers also for the detail, huge help for me !!!

The lads are flying down this wknd... weather dosnt look too good which is a shame but if we make it out Ill let you know how I go..

Thanks again fellas