Marlin

Raysway

Hi guys, drove past foreshore rd boat ramp yesterday during the family day out, and couldn't help my self, had to take a sticky beak in the cleaning cage.

And surely enough , there was a stripe Marlin head on the sink, missing it's bill and eye, I'd say it will be up on somebody's wall soon.

Also Saturday a friend was out who had 3 solid hookups trolling skirts , while another boat had double hookup on solid Dolly's.

I don't think Raysway was complaining. I took it as a statement that some are being caught and seen. Although if you are going to take one you could clean up afterwards and not just leave it laying around for the Greenies and do gooders to whinge about.

I suppose I am the greenie whinging [emoji53].

Never thought I would end up on that side of the keep vs release debate. [emoji3] each to their own.

Its no different to killing any other fish! Catch and release views on this site are simple - keep them to yourself and respect others wish to do what they like as long as it is legal!

After chasing them for so long.

If i'm not mistaken you only got into fishing less than a year ago? I wouldn't class that as long at all.

Hi guys, drove past foreshore rd boat ramp yesterday during the family day out, and couldn't help my self, had to take a sticky beak in the cleaning cage.

And surely enough , there was a stripe Marlin head on the sink, missing it's bill and eye, I'd say it will be up on somebody's wall soon.

Also Saturday a friend was out who had 3 solid hookups trolling skirts , while another boat had double hookup on solid Dolly's.

There was a double hook up and catch on striped Marlin in 70 fathoms southof the peak at 12:30 on Saturday. The fellas who landed them has a video on his facebook page. Quite an amazing watch! Both released.

I don't think Raysway was complaining. I took it as a statement that some are being caught and seen. Although if you are going to take one you could clean up afterwards and not just leave it laying around for the Greenies and do gooders to whinge about.

Thanks bottart well said.

• 3 weeks later...