Fishfinder

fishhed

hello yak raiders, i am new to kayak fishing, but i have had a lot more success on a kayak and really enjoy it, but i need help with mounting a fish finder (i haven't bought it yet, lowrance elite 3x fishfinder).i also want the transducer and the unit itself to be temporarily removable for transport.

this is my kayakpost-36446-0-37075100-1446016281_thumb.jpg any help on mounting this fishfinder would be appreciated, thanks

I had a look at the same unit myself. The transducer is pretty big and wont fit in the little groove at the bottom of the yak. That's according to my eye measurement anyway.. I had a look online and there seems to be a transducer mount that goes off the side of the yak, the unit can probably be screwed onto a block to fit in the bottle holder and bungeed down. So that makes the whole thing removable. I haven't decided if I need one yet but in the event that I do, I'll post up a diy :) The battery could probably just sit inside the yak in a waterproof case and just glued into the bottom, drill a hole up top and run some waterproof rubber material and the chord all the way through. Hopefully that gives you some ideas.