Prawning Lights

Stapo

I just wanted to share my thoughts with fellow raiders about my new light system.

Over the years of prawning down The Entrance I've tried most systems from the old lantern days to the underwater lights powered by car batteries to the new led lights where the batteries go down the handle. These are OK cost around $70 and are about 70 lumin.

I went to a divers torch system I've had this system for over 3 years now which is over 1000 Lm. Takes 2 lithium ion rechargeable batteries last about 1.5 hours on full power.

Now these torches can get expensive say $200.

Because I take a lot of guests prawning I needed some extras. After doing some research I found some great torches that are better than my original. Brighter light with a variable brightness switch. Much wider beam of pure white light. Cost $48 delivered from China.

Yes I know what your thinking but so far so good. Because I'm not putting the torch under much water pressure as a diver would I'm hoping for the best. A bit of grease every time you screw the end on helps as well.

Just attach it to a handle. Fishing bag over the shoulder to put the prawns in as well as a drink and some extra batteries and away you go.

No awkward floating device or heavy batteries. Working good so far.

Cheers Steve

ca61a58c6ca4fe8dc2aadec77e9bb61d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk