Student looking for tips in the Hacking

seejays

Hi Raiders,

I have always been interested in fishing and prior to this year I have been limited to LB spots, mostly around Port Hacking but as far as the Illawarra. I have recently acquired myself a boat and am looking to up the ante and really learn the system. I have been out only 5 times in the Hacking this season and have always caught a mixed bag. with only a handful of legal fish taken, the rest all C&R.

Having little to no guidance I have learnt a great deal with trial/error, but mostly from reading these forums. And it would seem like there's a wealth of dedicated fishos around our beautiful waters that could teach me a thing or two.

would love some help getting onto some decent fish, so any help/tips would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers guys,

Carlo

The one tip that keeps getting repeated to me is "Berley HARD in the hacking".

Can't say its worked for me yet, but I'll persist until something happens.

Drift sand flats off Bundeena for flathead.

Deep hole in lilly pilly near the moorings for occasional kings.

Gymea Bay has occasional kings caught on downriggers

Practically none of those places have worked for me though - still trying to figure it all out.

The one tip that keeps getting repeated to me is "Berley HARD in the hacking".

Can't say its worked for me yet, but I'll persist until something happens.

Drift sand flats off Bundeena for flathead.

Deep hole in lilly pilly near the moorings for occasional kings.

Gymea Bay has occasional kings caught on downriggers

Practically none of those places have worked for me though - still trying to figure it all out.

I agree completely!

Where are you going to be looking for squid if you dont mind me asking? I suggest close to the lilli pilli point reserve if you havent already tried.

I have a few little places scoped out, but no success yet.

Lilly Pilly point reserve is the first place I tried, I drove past it and it just looked squiddy... everything about it. No luck that day but I'll be trying there again - it looks too good to not have squid in it.

Trying to get out sat morning first thing, I'll be heading straight there to try for some squid.