Jockey wheel

gundi4

Hi Guys,

I'm not sure if this is a rookie mistake, or if my jockey wheel is just broken. Anyway I raised the jockey wheel to its highest point to put my boat at more of an angle to drain some of the water from the recent rains. Now it won't lower. Attached is a few pics that I thought might be relevant.

I did a few google searches on troubleshooting and came up with nothing. Not sure if it's my trailer or just my stupidity?!!

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Cheers

22de3206a5a0428b94477a6a8441a962.jpg

c7a02ece4ad1a38829d36b59dd56c516.jpg8f5fd5191c2303564b1edce15c58aa99.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The jockey wheel uses a worm gear to turn a threaded rod to raise and lower the trailer. When the wheel is all the way up the rod can completely unthread and come out. You should be able to fix it by taking the weight off the wheel and and trying to locate the internal rod in the top section with the thread in the bottom section.

• 2 weeks later...

No it's not your stupidity! Not sure of the size of your boat nor the weight on the jockey wheel From you pics it looks like it has seen better days.......perhaps bite the bullet and replace it. Compared with the cost of your boat, probably good insurance and will make your life easier!

Hi

I ended up replacing it for the cost of $80. And definitely has made my life easier as I can lower and raise it with more range than previously.

Cheers