Finally! Bream on Hb's

reeseman

Hi folks,

It has been an eternity since my last post, but here it is. I finally landed a few bream on a hard body lure. I decided that I had enough of reading posts and magazine articles depicting small lures hanging out of the gobs of monstrous blue nosed bream. It was time I got one for myself. I did a bit of a search and purchased a few breamy looking lures. The next day I was geared for war and with my new collection of bream lures I set off in search of old blue nose.

Sitting in my kayak, drifting slowly, I cast towards every bit of shade I could find. After two hours with no luck, I cast perfectly under a huge over hanging tree. All the casting practice with small lures had finally paid off, I started to slowly wind in when I felt a few nudges. A well undersized bream took the little river2sea lure, It was not much but made me smile. To my surprise another bream was sitting in the same bit of shade, he was fairly small also but for me this was a massive win.

After no more hits in that area I moved underneath a bridge and cast towards all the pylons. Boom got a hit as soon as my lure landed. The fish swam underneath the Kayak but always seemed to be on the surface. Eventually brought in the little taylor, wishing it was another bream. Just before I called it quits I decided to have a few casts along a weed bed, the current and wind pushed my kayak towards every unwanted angle. I was just about to straighten up my kayak ready to move and my drag started to run a bit. Winding up I felt the kicks of a still small but slightly bigger bream. Was so thrilled about it that I managed to take a pic of him from my phone. It's not much to look at but made my trip worth it.

Thanks for reading.

Reeseman.

post-9542-0-06982800-1446714264_thumb.png
My collection of new bream lures.

post-9542-0-10113000-1446714316_thumb.png
Just a small one but was plenty of fun.

Thanks for that Cargo, I need to control myself and not buy anymore gear at the moment for bream lure fishing. I am already tempted to buy a new reel and rod. Kinda thinking that in the kayak id have two with different lures on them so that I could just try out either one at the one time. It is very addictive isint it

Good on you Reeseman & I'll agree with adamski about it becoming BLOODY expensive !!!! There's just too many lures & plastics out there to tempt us Fishos .....

Awesome work mate! Believe me it gets ridiculously addictive! When I'm on the kayak I usually have 3 rods: 2 bream rods with different lures and a heavy rod. Gives you nice variety :)

Looks like you've tied braid straight to lure? Usually I'd say give fluro leader a crack but it seems you've won without it!