Need some harbour training

will_l

Hi,

So after going out again today and coming back with nothing (again), I think I need some help. I've probably been out around 10 times in the past 6 months and have only caught one 55cm king on my 2nd trip and have only had one yakka been bitten off (so pretty much 2 bites...). I've fluked it and caught a squid once but yet again didn't catch anything with it. I use yakka's everytime I have been out and they don't seem to be working either. I do my fishing from a little 4.4m tinny with no downrigger. I'd really appreciate if someone would be interested in taking me out in the Harbour one time. The main issues I think I'm having are:

• Finding good places for Kings and other pelagics in the harbour (I go to the usual markers, middle head etc and it doesn't bring me anything)
  • Trying to find good squidding spots (never have luck at clifton gardens but I'm not sure if I'm going to the right area)
  • How to read sounders (I'm not always sure what I'm looking at on the sounder)
  • The best rigs to use.
  • Techniques and how to set-up soft plastics

Sorry for sounding annoyed I'm just becoming unmotivated to wake up early, get all my gear ready, clean the boat after the trip etc when I've a terrible success rate.

In return I'd be willing to pay for all the fuel, food, drinks, bait etc. I have all my own gear as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks a lot,

Will

Edited by will_l

• 2 weeks later...