Canberra Trout session

Toilor

Fished a local creek with minnow and 4lb mono on Sat with exciting results. No footprints anywhere gave me confidence as did the small trout that jumped on at the first place i cast after missing the easy way in and taking the hard way instead. Fished upstream casting up to ten times in very likely deep water and once or twice in the smaller runs. Had 4 keepers, 2 brown (30 & 40) 2 rainbow (28) after about 400mtr and was walking away from a good corner having fairly flogged it when I threw a cast back towards the tail of the pool and worked it back and bang a 60cm brown swallowed the lure. Dogged fight with lots of short runs and no jumps. Kept him due to the lure down throat scenario and cleaned him straight away finding a Two Spined Blackfish in his stomach, Another brown regurgitated a TSB that came out of his mouth with my lure but I had my limit anyway. Makes me feel a bit better about taking these beautiful and worthy fish to think the natives will benefit from less predators in the system. I Filleted and smoked the big one and mixed it with brown rice, mayo and dill wrapped in seaweed sheet it was delicious.

• 2 weeks later...