Port hacking yak partner

allen_f

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yup, the mouth of Careel and stokes point. I was up there two weeks ago and got busted off 4 times, got a salmon and two nice flathead in two hours. Unfortunately my paddle then broke, so had to head in slowly and with only one paddle.

Going to troll some squid, complemented by a load of burley, and chuck plastics around the boats and markers. Worked for me in that area before - no point in reinvented the wheel!

Rod and I are launching from George st, next to the marina. There's a ramp and flats there that can be launched from. Welcome to join if you can stomach the journey up!

Edited by Razzell

Just ate through a platter of fish. Good feed and a happy family.

Paddled or to find small surface bust ups that turned out to be salmon and tailor, all good fun though no monsters amongst them. Razzle score the catch of the day with a bub kingie. All good fun

Yeah it was alright, I was worried with the wind when we launched, but it died off. A shame the bite wasn't so hot - it was frustrating because the fish were there. I was convinced that king was a flathead until it was yakside, such a weird fight.

Ended up with a little snapper, a horrid big grinner, a king, shovelnose (weirdly), flathead, bream and a whiting. Strange day on the water, but good to see you guys.

Kudos to Rod for braving the journey - sorry it didn't fire as well as hoped mate! We'll do MH next time, promise!