No tangle twisted paternoster rig

Guest Guest123456789

Guest Guest123456789

Hi Raiders,

Asking for your help please tieing a twisted paternoster rig. I've been using the video below and have had limited success tieing a twisted paternoster knot. The reason I need this knot is Brauer when fishing from the beach the standard paternoster knots get tangled. I also like the idea of using lighter leader because the twist means less chance of bust offs from toothy critters.

Here is the video below, the guy talks real fast and the video doesn't show real well what exactly he is doing. Any help or info provided will be appreciated:

Edited by Guest123456789

I use it works great and defiantly helps with less tangles. easier to tie a few at home!

I find it easier to just twist from 1 end with the other end still on spool and in the middle you can use spare hand to help the kink form. I also pull all the twists out to tighten the kink end then allow to twist back up.

do some goggling there are better explanations out there.

Guest Guest123456789
Well here's a clearer method to tying a twisted dropper loop which is all you need

Thanks so much! That guys way is a lot easier. I used his video to learn the sliding snell knot as well - great resource.

Edited by Guest123456789

Hi Raiders,

Asking for your help please tieing a twisted paternoster rig. I've been using the video below and have had limited success tieing a twisted paternoster knot. The reason I need this knot is Brauer when fishing from the beach the standard paternoster knots get tangled. I also like the idea of using lighter leader because the twist means less chance of bust offs from toothy critters.

Here is the video below, the guy talks real fast and the video doesn't show real well what exactly he is doing. Any help or info provided will be appreciated:

I use a 2 hook patternoster rig with short 10-15cm normal dropper loops covered in clear plastic tubing for the same reasons you mention with excellent results you may want to try.

Clear drinking straws work well also for the dropper to stand off the mainline.

Here's one I have made up ready to go.post-20199-0-90345900-1447584401_thumb.jpgpost-20199-0-98838900-1447584432_thumb.jpg

Sorry about the photo quality from my phone taken indoors.

Cheers.

Guest Guest123456789

I use a 2 hook patternoster rig with short 10-15cm normal dropper loops covered in clear plastic tubing for the same reasons you mention with excellent results you may want to try.

Clear drinking straws work well also for the dropper to stand off the mainline.

Here's one I have made up ready to go.attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Sorry about the photo quality from my phone taken indoors.

Cheers.

Thanks mate. Wouldn't the straw spook the fish?