Sydney offshore update

Ahab

FYI,

Took a spin offshore yesterday from Sydney. Late start, 9 am. Shot out to 12 mile and did a couple of drifts with live yakka a for 0's. Trolled from 12 mile out to Browns Mountain and back to Botany wide FAD for 0's. Threw a livie at the fad but no action. Buma about the fish but at least I could play the stereo as loud as it would go and none could hear how bad I was singing along.

Water temp at heads 21.4 dropping down to 20.4 about 8 miles off shore then up to 23 just inside the shelf. There was no clear temp break just gradual increase/ decrease in temp. Crossed and worked a couple of current lines to no avail. Current at the shelf running at about 3 knots south. A few random mutton birds but they were just cruising. Water never got to a deep blue but I am not yet convinced on that as I have caught fish in very average looking water.

Offshore it was blowing about 12 -14 knots from the northeast but inshore it was about the same from the west. No problem if you were in one or the other but for about 5 miles where the two met the sea ay was just atrocious. A positive was a gazillion butterflies that had be blown out to sea in the westerly. Another great sight when the fish aren't biting.

Best of luck to anyone having a crack tomorrow.

Cheers Cpt Ahab

Thanks for the report mate...heading out to the shelf tomorrow with my crew...hoping to get some points up on the board...ill put a report if we get anything worth reporting...goodluck to everyone heading out tomorrow...

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk