Muddy water bass fishing

mattfinn

Hey all, just wanted other raiders experience with fishing in muddy water for bass. I'm a lure guy and lately all this rain has made the visibility in all my local creeks like chocolate. This is my first real season of going out there as much as possible so I'm still learning.

The last two trips in the past week have resulted in only one fish. The first section I fished, I hooked one but dropped him on the bank. Yesterday's trip a lot further down the creek system close to the main hawkesbury river system was clearer but only resulted in the one (on a weedless paddletail)

I've gone through the Arsenal the last few days. Cranks, surface, weedless plastics and jig spins. I know colors and vibration are important in these conditions but it just hasn't seemed to work...

Any help or thoughts appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey mate, you're not wrong the water around my local has been pretty much black. The most success I have in these conditions are usually early morning and afternoons on shallow diving cranks in bright reds and greens or a mix of both (stump jumpers being the most effective followed closely by sebile cranks) a lot of hits on the pause in water this dirty. If it was a bit warmer I would say perfect for the surface but still another month or two till it will really fire up. All this rain is looking for a bumper bass season though!

Hey mate, you're not wrong the water around my local has been pretty much black. The most success I have in these conditions are usually early morning and afternoons on shallow diving cranks in bright reds and greens or a mix of both (stump jumpers being the most effective followed closely by sebile cranks) a lot of hits on the pause in water this dirty. If it was a bit warmer I would say perfect for the surface but still another month or two till it will really fire up. All this rain is looking for a bumper bass season though!

Yeah hoping I can get amongst them properly this season. I probably should've persevered with my Taylor made tiny nuggets. Where one section of my creek was really brown and you couldn't see more then half a foot the lower end was a little clearer but almost had a milky(chemical) colour to it which has me put off with my council not making the effort to clean up the river system. A lot of locals have been giving it to them, they only just removed some asbestos that had been dumped near another section that's been sitting there for two months or so now....

Sorry for rant...

Hey all, just wanted other raiders experience with fishing in muddy water for bass. I'm a lure guy and lately all this rain has made the visibility in all my local creeks like chocolate. This is my first real season of going out there as much as possible so I'm still learning.

The last two trips in the past week have resulted in only one fish. The first section I fished, I hooked one but dropped him on the bank. Yesterday's trip a lot further down the creek system close to the main hawkesbury river system was clearer but only resulted in the one (on a weedless paddletail)

I've gone through the Arsenal the last few days. Cranks, surface, weedless plastics and jig spins. I know colors and vibration are important in these conditions but it just hasn't seemed to work...

Any help or thoughts appreciated

Maybe spinnerbaits with white or chartreuse would work?