Fishing Clubs - Sydney

Andyb139

Hi Guys,

Live in the Northern Suburbs (Five dock area) are there any good fishing clubs to become a part of around these areas?

I've had a look online and there is a few popular ones like South Sydney for example. But that's based on a google search.

Anyone got some good experience with any clubs?

Thanks again for any help guys!

Andy

theres also the game fishing clubs

central coast GFC

broken bay GFC

sydney GFC

Botany Bay GFC

Port Hacking GFC

Wollongong GFC

they each have a website, regular meetings, and are an entry point to club tournaments up and down the coast. Great for finding a ride on a game boat or a source of crew if you own a boat.

• Thanks 1

Im a member of sydney gfc...i got in thru a workmate of mine who has been a member for years...i think you need to find someone who owns a boat and become one of the crew...thats how i got in...im one of the lucky ones...been a member of sgfc since 2013...caught my 1st black marlin and shortbill spearfish this year...took over a year to catch but its all worth it...we go out and compete with the other clubs every year...

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Check out the ANSA NSW website. I have been a member of ANSA/ St George Sportfishing Club for decades although no longer as active as I'd like to be. In fact, i think my fees are overdue - better get to the meeting tomorrow night to pay and get my scales verified. I haven't lived in the St George area for 25 years. South Sydney is a very active and competitive club and hosts the annual Sydney ANSA tournament with St George. AFA Sportfishing Club may suit you... their address is shown as Concord but that could just be the address for the Secretary.

Cheers,

Baz

• Like 2

• 4 years later...
10 minutes ago, Malik_Syd said:

Hey Guys,

Im keen to join a fishing club around Sydney. Any recoomendations?

I dont have a referene at the moment.

Cheers,

Malik

Check out the Australian National Sportfishing Association here:

https://www.ansansw.com.au/

The contacts for affiliated clubs are here:

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/585a364bebbd1a4dd38b4335/t/5c8afc03ee6eb0649b6b2a1d/1552612360135/Club+Contacts+as+at++14+Mar+19.pdf

I have been a member of St George Sportfishing Club for many years, even though I now live out of Sydney.

• Like 1

Hi and welcome. The AFA (Amateur Fisherman's Association of NSW) is Australia's oldest fishing club, about 120 yrs old now. Often mistaken for other clubs due to many having locality/area names before AFA- examples - South Sydney AFA, Brighton Le Sands AFA.  The AFA is  both an ANSA club and member of AFCA (Australian Fishing Clubs Association- Sydney Metro Division)

The club caters for all types of fishing and is also family orientated. 

Club meetings are every Wednesday night in the clubroom at 7 PM underneath Concord Community Centre 1A Gipps St Concord (down the ramp).

Just like Fishraider, great club, great people. I was a member for many years

Regards Waza

• Like 1

• 7 months later...