A bit concerning!

This is from Al McGlashan.

"Okay so everyone has been asking about the super trawler meeting in parliament yesterday. Attached is the press release from the Minister. In a nutshell we were told the Geelong Star is hear to stay, which wasnt what I was expecting. So our next step is to now minimise impact on recreational fishing grounds. Particularly the NSW south coast and East Coast Tassi where the boat is planning to fish. Sadly this is only the beginning with SBT issues and marine park lockouts on the horizon too!

Now before anyone starts mouthing off on FB please remember that is doesnt actually achieve anything and if you want change you need to contact the minister!"

http://assistant.agricultureminister.gov.au/Pages/Media-Releases/progress-on-geelong-star-negotiations.aspx

Edited by mrsswordfisherman
link inserted

Guest Guest123456789

Who are these so called recreational fishing representatives? This is outrageous, it's like saying 'we are negotiating with paedophiles' you just don't do it!!!

NO SUPER TRAWLERS , ANYWHERE, EVER!!!!

Screwing recreational fishing is like closing down the local PCYC.

It keeps people occupied, especially young people.

If there's anyone that should be acting right now, it's the big tackle companies. Less people fishing will hurt their bottom line.

A#$%^$*@

The problem with getting big tackle involved is that, while Australia is a substantial enough market place, they may not see us as not being substantial enough on a global economic scale to be worth getting involved in this issue. Pity. Us recreational fishos need some muscle to back us up on this one. Otherwise, we will likely get steamrollered, not to mention the ocean environment.

The problem with getting big tackle involved is that, while Australia is a substantial enough market place, they may not see us as not being substantial enough on a global economic scale to be worth getting involved in this issue. Pity. Us recreational fishos need some muscle to back us up on this one. Otherwise, we will likely get steamrollered, not to mention the ocean environment.

I think Australia is a big enough slice of the pie for them to be concerned. And whilst our population is a fraction of the USA,most of our population lives coastal (broadly speaking).

And we're not just talking big tackle companies, think of all the elements involved when you go fishing, the hardship would go right down to bait and tackle shops, boat hire places, service stations etc. Not to mention the large fishing/camping stores. Fishos are always spending money, also fishing licences.

ALL these things combined MUST be worth more in jobs and revenue than that trawler which is going to pillage our waterways.

The only thing that I can think of is some grubby minister is getting a healthy kick back from this.

Edited by nbdshroom
Minor edit to keep G rated. Proceed as usual.

Screwing recreational fishing is like closing down the local PCYC.

It keeps people occupied, especially young people.

If there's anyone that should be acting right now, it's the big tackle companies. Less people fishing will hurt their bottom line.

A#$%^$*@

Too right about us young kids. I go fishing by myself most weekends and have turned down numerous parties and gathos for a few fish. Hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Too right about us young kids. I go fishing by myself most weekends and have turned down numerous parties and gathos for a few fish. Hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's me in a nutshell too mate, gave up the party life for tight lines and open water haha gotta say it does wonders for people with pretty much any mental health issues too...I'm sure you're all aware but there are several petitions and funds being raised about this via change.org

This is from Al McGlashan.

"Okay so everyone has been asking about the super trawler meeting in parliament yesterday. Attached is the press release from the Minister. In a nutshell we were told the Geelong Star is hear to stay, which wasnt what I was expecting. So our next step is to now minimise impact on recreational fishing grounds. Particularly the NSW south coast and East Coast Tassi where the boat is planning to fish. Sadly this is only the beginning with SBT issues and marine park lockouts on the horizon too!

Now before anyone starts mouthing off on FB please remember that is doesnt actually achieve anything and if you want change you need to contact the minister!"

http://assistant.agricultureminister.gov.au/Pages/Media-Releases/progress-on-geelong-star-negotiations.aspx

I've heard that kind of language before, Rec fishing is about to be screwed over