Issues with Sustain 1000 FG

tyrone07

I have a 1000 sized sustain for all of my bream fishing and am finding the exact same issues that I had with my 5000 sized sustain reel. The drag is constantly slipping no matter how much you tighten it you can not avoid this, other times the drag just locks and the spool locks resulting in pulled hooks etc. I am again also having issues with the flimsy line clicker and after tightening the screw find it does not work. This will be the second time the reel will be sent back under warranty just wondering if Anybody else has experienced these issues with any of the other Shimanos. I have read elsewhere that this is some what common but not what you expect from a $300 reel

Edited by tyrone07

I've had issues with shimano drag clickers before on my 2500 Sedona FD, ci4 4000, and stradic FJ 5000. But that is the only part that has ever failed me on a shimano reel that I would put down to a possible design flaw. Other only other issues I've had have been due to me using my reels off the rocks and getting them drenched and not serviced soon enough, bearings rusted, all my fault.

Both mate, I've tightened the screw for the line clicker when a fish pulls and this has seemed to work, but no matter how much drag I apply or screw/ unscrew the know the drag is still slipping and line just comes off it???

• 2 weeks later...