banks block and shelf

don.a

Fished JB area a few times in the last month for not much. Went through the Banks to Block and Cheese and on to the shelf today. Water this morning was 20.9 at the Banks up to 23.9 in 135fa with heaps of current lines and a good temp break a little south from 22ish to almost 24 out from drum on the shelf. Birds dolphins whales and bait but no sign of beakies and no dollies on the fad yet. I felt like it was coming any minute all day but didn't. Stopped on the Banks on the way in to have some fun on light gear for kings jigged a few and baited a heap. Good fun on ten pound braid. It was a very nice day on the water so it could have been worse a fish or two would be nice though I'm sure there not far away now. Cheers Don.

Fished JB area a few times in the last month for not much. Went through the Banks to Block and Cheese and on to the shelf today. Water this morning was 20.9 at the Banks up to 23.9 in 135fa with heaps of current lines and a good temp break a little south from 22ish to almost 24 out from drum on the shelf. Birds dolphins whales and bait but no sign of beakies and no dollies on the fad yet. I felt like it was coming any minute all day but didn't. Stopped on the Banks on the way in to have some fun on light gear for kings jigged a few and baited a heap. Good fun on ten pound braid. It was a very nice day on the water so it could have been worse a fish or two would be nice though I'm sure there not far away now. Cheers Don.

Yes Don It certainly was a quite day , the conditions were lovely , we trolled from the banks to fad , plenty of 55cm kings at the outer banks , but nothing beyond that , we did some drops at the fad but seargeant baker was the only takers , even had trouble finding any flatties for a feed on the way in anyway twas a nice day on the water!!

snr

• 4 weeks later...

Done the same trip wed. Had a strike s/e of the fad in 90fa but came unstuck a few minutes in. I didn't see it but by the look of the lure head and heat shrink marlin for sure. Maybe next time. Water was 22 at the banks up to 23.6 on the shelf. Happy New Year to all. Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Unlucky mate maybe next time. I know that feeling just a bit to much lately. I was at Culburra ramp this arvo and it was howling I hope you got in early. I stayed out to long sat and had a rough ride home.

• 2 months later...

I have dropped fish after fish for 6 weeks but got a 100kg black to stick yesterday. Also a 8-10kg Wahoo. Both fish s/e of the fad in 70fa not much in way of temp breaks but some good current lines.