need urgent help!

fishhed

hello all,

Summer has arrived and the water is warming up...so that means KINGY TIME!!! but the only problem is that i havent caught one. I have been trying but never managed to get one.... so if there are any kingy experts out there could u please give me some advice on catching my first king?

p.s

i do have a kayak

cheers fishhed

Before the experts advise might be better if you let us know what and where you have tried. Who knows you might be doing everything right and just unlucky.

P.S I am no where near an expert haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Katoe

i usually fish pittwater (sometimes from a kayak) sometimes land based near clairville beach, i have fished around scotland island on a kayak, my dad manage to hook one but lost it but i managed to pull in a decent salmon using pillie chunks as bait on a running sinker rig here is the report below..... would live bait work better?

http://www.fishraider.com.au/Invision/index.php?showtopic=79074&hl=

cheerz, fishhed

Live squid seems to be the best bait for bigger kings but if there are rats about any squid should entice some interest. Not familiar with where your fishing but I'm sure some local raiders can throw there 2 cents in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Live baiting out of the kayak I use the poor mans downrigger.

Leader to swivel then trace with suitable hook. I then attach a 6-8oz sinker to the free ring on a cheap snap swivel. The snap then gets attached to the ring on the inline swivel closest to the rod. Hope all that is clear as mud. Some people use rubber bands so the sinker breaks away when they get a hit, but I can't bring myself to leave all that lead behind and it hasn't affected me landing a fish.