Good combo for under $100

streve

Hi everyone.

I'm looking for a good quality combo to buy kids for christmas. I'm hoping to get away with under $100 per combo considering I'll need to purchase 6 of them. (Relatives kids - not all mine)

To give some sort of idea as to the conditions they would be using the rod, more often than not they would be in a boat drifting in a river, chasing flathead, bream and the like.

Occasionally they would be chasing the same species from the bank.

The kids are aged between 8 and 15, so I would want to stay away from Graphite rods as I don't think they would give them the required tlc.

Just after a nice combo that will last a few years and don't care if it comes from a tackle shop, ebay, bcf big w etc

Thanks heaps.

Hopefully someone has some ideas for you, but I was thinking of a graphite combo if you were to consider it.

The Shimano Sonic Pro rod + Shimano Sienna reel is going as a combo for about $70 atm if you know where to look (or PM). The rod isn't as brittle as you think, especially not in the heavier line classes.

Hopefully someone has some ideas for you, but I was thinking of a graphite combo if you were to consider it.

The Shimano Sonic Pro rod + Shimano Sienna reel is going as a combo for about $70 atm if you know where to look (or PM). The rod isn't as brittle as you think, especially not in the heavier line classes.

You can get the sienna combo online for $49 delivered or at the boating camping fishing shop for $79 with a lure bag

I bought 2× 4000 for my kids the 2500 is very good for bream snapper trevally flatty but you need the 4000 just in case you hook a bigger fish like salmon kingy bonito either one will be good enough

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Thanks guys,

I am now thinking of a graphite combo. I see it as the ideal opportunity to teach the kids how a rod and reel should be treated, and gives me the perfect opportunity to explain the rod will break if it is not treated with respect. Who knows......they might even believe me!!

I'm probably looking at the smaller combo (the 2500 as opposed to the 5000) as there is very little chance of catching a kingy or salmon or the like in the area they fish. And I think it is much more fun with a big rod bend on lighter gear rather than skull dragging the fish in with a javelin.

Thanks for your advice.

Regards

Steve

You can get the sienna combo online for $49 delivered or at the boating camping fishing shop for $79 with a lure bag

I bought 2× 4000 for my kids the 2500 is very good for bream snapper trevally flatty but you need the 4000 just in case you hook a bigger fish like salmon kingy bonito either one will be good enough

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

HI Fisholb,

I would love to know where to look for this combo at the price of $49 delivered.

Could you please let me know where you have seen it and post or PM me.

Thanks heaps

Steve