Brilliant day on thomo's reef 9/12

jgrant666

G'day raiders

Just got back from an awesome day on a charter with the missus. I won't say who due to site rules but they're on scoopon atm.

Spent the day drifting thomo's reef and what a haul! Between us we caught 4 legal flatties (including PBs for my wife and I at 45 and 54cms respectively), a 40cm morwong, 50cm black spot devil fish and 4 nyangai. Many more undersized were released. I also hooked what felt like a monster snapper but unfortunately dropped it close to the surface. The other punters on the boat all did pretty well as well although my wife and I had the biggest haul. The 2 big flatties we're caught just as we were told to wrap it up, first my wife's then I managed to outdo her with the 54cm one [emoji2]

First time out fishing the offshore Sydney reefs and I'm converted! Can't wait to get back out there in my own boat! Also our first time using braid and that'll definitely be my next purchase.....

If anyone wants the details of the charter feel free to Pm me, they were top blokes with great gear and I'd definitely go out with them again

387173b77bb7ccfdc3158f4e63ae1717.jpg

5c4e7745c6e1df760189a8dcc768c07c.jpg

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/08/93e1518c7d39b560d099af5decffb19b.jpg

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

Great to see you & the Mrs finally get onto a decent feed of fish !! Well done Guys !!!!

Thanks mate! It sure was a nice feeling not only to have fresh fish for dinner, but to have to decide which fish to eat and what to freeze!

great post mate good on your wife

never let them beat u they are bloody good

cheers Brando

thanks Brando. The wife usually outfishes me so it was nice to trump her for once!

Sounds like a great day! It's a good way to get the feel for offshore fishing. Well done :)

Cheers scratchie!!!

Yep it sure was, gotta buy an epirb now and test my handheld VHF radio, not to mention go on a spending spree for braid & new leader, but that's fishing isn't it!

Thanks mate! It sure was a nice feeling not only to have fresh fish for dinner, but to have to decide which fish to eat and what to freeze!

thanks Brando. The wife usually outfishes me so it was nice to trump her for once!

Yep it sure was, gotta buy an epirb now and test my handheld VHF radio, not to mention go on a spending spree for braid & new leader, but that's fishing isn't it!

Haha yeah your not wrong. Its not exactly the cheapest sport. I just try comvince the wife that she should look at it as an investment ;)

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Haha yeah your not wrong. Its not exactly the cheapest sport. I just try comvince the wife that she should look at it as an investment ;)

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Hehe lucky for me my better half is almost as keen as I am so shouldn't be too much of an issue [emoji2]

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

Hi guys

I dont smoke, dont drink and rarely gamble so spending on fishing gears is ok with me

Must say that it would alot cheaper buying fish but there are no fun

Maintaining a boat, towing and fishing gears is bloody expensive lucky i can do most of the wirks, just have to pay for parts

Cheers

Xsite