Mac Tuna Off Bribie

matt_nsw

just arrived back from visiting my mate billo in QLD. fished each day looking for longtail tuna but the only schools we found were solid macs. playing with 5 schools each day

was a bit upset we didnt find any longtails although the macs definately made a good alternative.

all landed on my 7'6" nitro magnum butt with 4000 reel loaded with 10lb. most of the 1st runs from the steroid freaks lasted 1min.

some pix of the weekend:

post-568-1128387097_thumb.jpg

post-568-1128387131_thumb.jpg

post-568-1128387006_thumb.jpg

post-568-1128387161_thumb.jpg

post-568-1128387183_thumb.jpg

Edited by matt_nsw

just arrived back from visiting my mate billo in QLD. fished each day looking for longtail tuna but the only schools we found were solid macs. playing with 5 schools each day

was a bit upset we didnt find any longtails although the macs definately made a good alternative.

all landed on my 7'6" nitro magnum butt with 4000 reel loaded with 10lb. most of the 1st runs from the steroid freaks lasted 1min.

some pix of the weekend:

post-568-1128387006_thumb.jpg

70449[/snapback]

top stuff Matt, still waiting to put a decent bend in my Magnum Butt :)

cheers fellas. it was a great weekend. the weather behaved and the beers and rums were cold and suprisingly the girls didnt hassle us for being out there for most of the day :1yikes:

1st day we netted 11 sand crabs which were donated to the frypan with billos special chilli recepie. landed a few small mackerel which were dontated to the beer batter and deep fryer :thumbup:

what more could we ask for........well, actually longtails would of been good :wacko:

Nice work Matt, some solid mac tunas there mate.

The longtails have been around in the area but very patchy. Looking at the pictures the weather was perfect and sounds like you boys had a ball anyway. If you and Billo couldn't find any out there ... they must've been absent that day. :1prop:

There' always next time!!! :biggrin2:

Herby

yeah, i have travelled a bit lately kevvie but all that has come to a grinding halt. i'll be stuck in the shire until february. SWR for 2 weeks :yahoo:

cheers beef, we had a ball but would of loved some LT's. might try for a weekend stint in the coming months

how far off bribie were you and where you up the northern end or southern?

mate, they were everywhere. they didnt rise until about 7am but when they did they were everywhere. we travelled basically the whole beach and found schools between 1-4km off the beach.

G,day herby not in darwin yet tank school got postponed till the 16th of January so I still have a bit of time left on the sunshine coast.I have been training pretty hard in preparation of when I go back in. I went out Monday and fished the shipping markers and it was blowing it arse off but fished it anyway. Got about 20 Taylor and a little snapper as well as acouple of other fish but no signs of anything decent. we need to catch up for a fish soon Herb.

Gaven :1prop:

Gav,

Glad to hear that you're still in town. Will definately have to have a fish soon.

Bad luck on the tuna chase, but at least you got out there for a fish! :thumbup:

Maybe the wind put them off ..... I always find them harder to spot when the whitecaps are out. :wacko:

What days have you got off atm? Still at Target or are you already in the corps? :1prop:

Let me know, I'm looking at a mid week fish next week weather permitting.

Herby :beersmile:

Herby I'm off all day friday if you want to go for a week day fish and I also have Saturday Sunday off if you would like to head out on the weekend. I'm easy mate. I was thinking about heading out to fish around the shipping markers on friday or out the front of Bribie weather permitting or in the passage if its to windy out there. Your more than welcome to join me if you would like. :biggrin2:

Cheers Gaven :1prop:

Herby I'm off all day friday if you want to go for a week day fish and I also have Saturday Sunday off if you would like to head out on the weekend. I'm easy mate. I was thinking about heading out to fish around the shipping markers on friday or out the front of Bribie weather permitting or in the passage if its to windy out there. Your more than welcome to join me if you would like. :biggrin2:

Cheers Gaven :1prop:

Gav,

Sorry mate, have been invited down to Indy for the w.e. to enjoy some corporate luxuries so I'll be perving and sinking piss instead. :thumbup::yahoo::beersmile:

Let us know how you go tho, as I'm keen to get out there for a mid-week fish soon.

Thanks a lot for the invite ... we'll definately catch up before you leave eh?

Cheers,

Herby

The larger tuna ( long tail and macs ) seem to go into hiding over the weekend .but i have never really had much luck the week after the full moon

Frigates are everywhere !!!!! .....we filled up the bait freezer, good rig baits for summer when the bills show up !

waiting for the waxing gibbous in 2 weeks .....we should see they bay start boiling this cycle or the next one ! :thumbup:

The larger tuna ( long tail and macs ) seem to go into hiding over the weekend .but i have never really had much luck the week after the full moon

Frigates are everywhere !!!!! .....we filled up the bait freezer, good rig baits for summer when the bills show up !

waiting for the waxing gibbous in 2 weeks .....we should see they bay start boiling this cycle or the next one ! :thumbup:

hey mate, :1welcomeani: to the site

no good about your weekend. they should be there soon. when they do let us know and i'll make a reservation with virgin blue, pure blonde, bundy and XI PLAY :thumbup::biggrin2:

• 2 weeks later...