Fishing at Treasure island Fiji?

Reggae

Hi raiders,

Heading over to treasure island in Fiji for a few days at the end of this month for a break with the family. Anyone know if there are fishing options on the island or good charters available? The website info is limited.

Last time I went to Fiji at plantation island one of the staff gave me a handline to fish off the beach at night with him. He worked at the resort, but his family was from the village on the island next door. Each night he fished for food for the village and was happy for me to join he.. If treasure island is similar I'll probably bring over a heap of extra hooks / line and leave it with them to give them a boost

Reggae

I was in Fiji for a family wedding a couple of years ago on Denarau island and had fun one morning flicking plastics off the end of a small rock wall on the point of the beach - took a couple of nice Trevally, 30 and 35 cm. Squidgy wriggles and fish on 1/8 oz jig heads.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi raiders,

Heading over to treasure island in Fiji for a few days at the end of this month for a break with the family. Anyone know if there are fishing options on the island or good charters available? The website info is limited.

Last time I went to Fiji at plantation island one of the staff gave me a handline to fish off the beach at night with him. He worked at the resort, but his family was from the village on the island next door. Each night he fished for food for the village and was happy for me to join he.. If treasure island is similar I'll probably bring over a heap of extra hooks / line and leave it with them to give them a boost

Reggae

Send a personal message to member and sponsor yarraone - he has knowledge of Fiji and the fishing scene there

Hi raiders,

Reggae

Hey Reggae, I had my honeymoon on treasure island about 3 years ago. You are not allowed (or not supposed to) fish off the island itself. I took my 2 piece bait caster over for a few sneaky late arvo sessions. They do run charters off the island which we went on one the 2nd day. On our way out we spotted a bit of action on the surface so we pulled up. Started throwing a few metals with my bait caster and on the 3rd or 4th cast I through the damn rod overboard. I was gutted not only because it was a new rod but it also had my month old Curado on it. So there went my plans of throwing lures while walking around the island. After the rod incident we ended up just trolling around and hooked a reasonable Spanish which we brought back to the restaurant and the cheff cooked it up. It fed us and another group we had met on the island.

P.S - If you come across a bait caster and 200 Curado on your trip send me a PM :thumbup:

post-12947-0-24916200-1450312668_thumb.jpg

Edited by one armed fisho