Fishing The Hawkesbury Classic

kevvie

This will be the third time that i'm entering the H'bury classic but this year i'm a little concerned. Usually leading up to the event the fishing in the river has been pretty good. Not so this year.

Reports from family, friends, and people posting on this website leads me to believe that this year will be one to forget. The times that i have given the system a go has left me feeling defeated as usually our catches are good. You hear of the odd jew and bream captures but nothing to make you excited.

The poor water quality of the river has to be taking it's toll. The death of the oysters and other poor practises like commercial netting are only some of the reasons. This makes me particularly sad. :(

Who else is entering this event? and do you think this event will be successful?

..........looking at it from a different angle it could actually increase your chances with it being hard to fish..........everyone would have to rely on their well honed fishing skills :thumbup: .........or would that really put you in trouble :wacko::074::074:

...it would with me :biggrin2:

..........looking at it from a different angle it could actually increase your chances with it being hard to fish..........everyone would have to rely on their well honed fishing skills :thumbup: .........or would that really put you in trouble :wacko::074::074:

Ha bloody ha. I know that it will hard for everyone not just me but i have to come to terms with feeling disappointed for three days straight. :1badmood:

Oh well, a bad days fishing..... as they say

I have actually heard of some good captures from some of the regualrs to the jew haunts and a hell of a lot changes with the November new moon.

So, dont believe everything you hear or want to believe.

Some years a 10kg may win it, another it may be a 20kg+.

Either way, everyone has the same chances, and as Bashir stated, you only gotta enter to be in with a chance to win a boat worth approx$15,000.00.

The best thing about the lucky door prize is, you HAVE to be at the weigh in on sunday which even increases your chances more.

If anyone wants an entry form, please PM me and i will send some to you.

changa

Ha bloody ha. I know that it will hard for everyone not just me but i have to come to terms with feeling disappointed for three days straight. :1badmood:

70519[/snapback]

Kevvie, hope you took that as a joke mate :biggrin2: ..............I even said I would be in trouble :biggrin2:

Anyhow what makes you think you'd be disappointed for 3 days straight.......

It a fact that to be consistant you gotta be good.......which I'm sure you are

but come "Game Day"..or "Fishing Comp"...... i reckon luck has a lot to do with it.

Right place at the right time :thumbup: .........Go for it :thumbup:

yeah u cant really make a judgment this early, anyway it will be a great event regardless,hopfully the weather will be great too. and i have heard of a few jewies showing up so hopfull the will be on the bite!

I AM DEFINATELY IN!!

Kevvie, hope you took that as a joke mate :biggrin2: ..............I even said I would be in trouble :biggrin2:

Anyhow what makes you think you'd be disappointed for 3 days straight.......

It a fact that to be consistant you gotta be good.......which I'm sure you are

but come "Game Day"..or "Fishing Comp"...... i reckon luck has a lot to do with it.

Right place at the right time :thumbup: .........Go for it :thumbup:

70523[/snapback]

Of course i took it as a joke, sorry if i came across as sour grapes. Mate i honestly couldn't care less if i catch fish or not. Every year i count down this time with full enthusiasm. I guess i wanted to generate debate on the topic which i surely have. It's no secret though the river is in a sorry state. But it was last year and we managed to take out the flathead category 4.5kg. The year before andy took out the bream category and the year before that jamie took out the junior category(all family members). We havde to defend our title. :yahoo: