My prawning setup

quochuy

A big thank you to Steve (Stapo) and Huy (Gonefishinginoz).

I met Huy and Marvin at 7.30pm after checking our gear we got into the water and then it happened prawns, I had my 18 in about 1/2 hr and needed another one to make it better than my last trip.

Well I ended up with about 1kg the same as Huy, whilst I was packing up the prawning gear Marvin said that is not enough and poured his prawns into my bucket and another chap Nat said have some of mine.This gave me about 3kgs. see attached photo.

You could not ask for a better bunch of felllas, all night Huy and Marvin kept calling out how are Norm is everything OK

Since this topic started Steve and Huy have given advice and nothing was a trouble.

Marvin is the person who with Steve made the prawn floats and said what a good one I had made and suggested some improvements and was pleased someone had made it from a photo.This man said he would make me a better prawning net than the one I bought as the net was not that long and his was about 1.2m which was better.

I will be there when the next dark is on in January.

Thanks a Steve and Huy also Fishraider for a forum that helps people

THANKS Normpost-17426-0-39552000-1451547584_thumb.jpg

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done Norm glad to see you got a feed. Marvin goes out of his way to help people. Great mate.

Glad to see The Entrance boys helped out. I'll see you later in the month.

Cheers Steve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had a good time reading this thread guys. Got me thinking would one of those inflatable one man boats be okay to tow around with your gear in?

There fine mate. We used to have a wiggles one. They do get holes eventually.

Hey everyone. Does anyone know when the next best time is to prawn. I know its early jan? Cheers

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Right now for another week or so.

A big thank you to Steve (Stapo) and Huy (Gonefishinginoz).

I met Huy and Marvin at 7.30pm after checking our gear we got into the water and then it happened prawns, I had my 18 in about 1/2 hr and needed another one to make it better than my last trip.

Well I ended up with about 1kg the same as Huy, whilst I was packing up the prawning gear Marvin said that is not enough and poured his prawns into my bucket and another chap Nat said have some of mine.This gave me about 3kgs. see attached photo.

You could not ask for a better bunch of felllas, all night Huy and Marvin kept calling out how are Norm is everything OK

Since this topic started Steve and Huy have given advice and nothing was a trouble.

Marvin is the person who with Steve made the prawn floats and said what a good one I had made and suggested some improvements and was pleased someone had made it from a photo.This man said he would make me a better prawning net than the one I bought as the net was not that long and his was about 1.2m which was better.

I will be there when the next dark is on in January.

Thanks a Steve and Huy also Fishraider for a forum that helps people

THANKS Normattachicon.gifIMG_0128.JPG

Norm thanks for this post - I have given Huy a Mentor badge

Huy, good work for helping raiders

Is Marvin a raider, by the way?

Congrats to huy. Marvin would very much like to be a raider Donna. He shares my posts. But he isn't very good with a laptop or his phone. He struggles sending text messages. Ha. But I'm sure he'll be great full you mentioned him.

Wow, thanks for the badge Donna. I wasn't so much mentoring Norm but more making sure he was safe while out in the current, Steve and Marvin are the main mentors, could never thank them enough for all the knowledge they shared with us.

Congratulations Huy, can please pm the recipe for prawn cakes.

I have had 3 sandwiches and still have prawns. Not like before!!!

I have made the adjustments to my float that Marvin suggested, one of my homemade lights has a drop of water in it, maybe it came from the hole I made in the end for the wires forgot to seal the hole where the wire went into the end. It has not short circuited the bulb only fog it up so it is in the sun for the next two days to dry out.

Thanks again Steve and Huy.

Hi guys.I'm goin to book a place to stay at lake illawarra for my son's 21st. Late February. Need some advice from

you prawn whisperers what dates around late Feb early March woul be good for prawning.Thanks in advance.

Not sure on that area mate. We prawn The Entrance are which is very tidal. Also the moon is important. 5 days after the FULL moon for 2weeks or so is our best times.

Hi Guys,

I was planning on trying some prawning at The Entrance with my son tomorrow night but I guess with all the rain and flooding on the Central Coast it is likely to be a washout. Would you agree?

How long do you think it will take for the rain water to clear and make it possible to successfully prawn again?

Hi Guys,

I was planning on trying some drawing at The Entrance with my son tomorrow night but I guess with all the rain and flooding on the Central Coast it is likely to be a washout. Would you agree?

How long do you think it will take for the rain water to clear and make it possible to successfully prawn again?

I'll be having a go tonight (Thursday). Yes the level of the lake has risen which usually puts everything off. The water will be dirty and difficult to work out the tide.

Friday night the tide should not start to run out to the sea until 11pm which would be a late start for you. But due to all the water in the lake in might start running out earlier.

Sometimes it never runs in.

Stay tuned.

Cheers Steve.

I will be trying my luck on saturday evening. Tide will be late but Flatheads and Whitings will keep me busy till then.

13420c76278e0b7b552d9d5d205c1d6e.jpg

It's very deep out there huy. You might need your step ladder. Lol.