It's time for that question, sounder installation.

krause

No issues thus far, although itll be best not to leave it in the sun i guess haahah. My first application of silicon (not allclear) did come off after a rough day of my battery box sliding around and smacking the foam holder. I think sanding the surface of the yak would help with the sticking.

I'd suggest trying it without the sanding to start with. Depending on how you scuff it up there might be places for bubbles to hold. If you just clean the surfaces well and it fails you can always resort to sanding as a second go.

The marine goop in mine still looks to be holding properly after 2 years of use.

On the whole it looks good but that something funny is going on in the top part of the screen. Before you rip out your hard work play around with the settings (like reduce sensitivity) and take it out in deeper water.

As you only have 3 feet in the pool it has scaled signals up accordingly so what could even be the plastic of the kayak might disappear when the depth and thus scale is increased.

My sonar even has a fresh versus saltwater setting which affects the results.