The beginning of the end of our sport

Guest Guest123456789

Which just shows what your local politician thinks of you and your vote.

They think they have a mandate to do whatever they feel like and push their own individual causes regardless of common consensus.

I'd suggest you write to your local members, especially if he sits on the Government side in Parliament and thank him for his support in this matter.

Edited by Crossfire63

Makes the blood boil doesn't it?

In its first two trips in Australia it had already managed to kill 8 dolphins and 4 seals. http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2015/may/03/australia-condemns-killing-of-dolphins-and-seals-by-factory-fishing-trawler

I wrote in to the minister at the time and received a response a month or two later with a press release full of wonderful information about how it's now technically classed as a factory ship, not a super trawler and also how it can't possibly wipe out the entire Small Pelagic fishery Australia wide. My email back pointing out that I don't particularly care about its classification and that recreational fishers concerns relate to its ability to totally decimate fisheries local to its area of operation potentially ruining entire seasons for game fishing on areas of the East coast surprisingly wen't unanswered.

R

Guest Guest123456789

Unfortunately my local member is Lucy wicks, as she was an Abbott 'captains pick' whose support is available for the highest bidder. I wouldn't waste my time.

Makes you question why I should follow bag limits and minimum sizes - feels like all that is achieving is to leave more fish for the super trawler to Hoover up and more money for our politicians kickbacks.