First Fresh Water Fish

Rah

G'day Raiders,

Had a chance to do some fresh water fishing over xmas down at my folks place in Berry.

I put in about 10 hours over a couple of days and managed to snag this beauty. I know she is small but was so stoked in getting at least one. My Niece also got one but gave a little kick before I could get the phone out to take a snap.

Mine was caught on Slim SwimZ in Watermelon

and the second was a 2" grub. Not sure of the colour but was pearly with black flecks.

On the last day there was a long finned eel cursing around my legs that I didn't particularly appreciate so we hightailed it outa the water.

Keen as to get a kayak down there to get to some deeper water as I was standing in water well above a comfortable height.

Cheers for reading.

Tara

post-19048-0-25674700-1451865299_thumb.jpg

post-19048-0-28885400-1451865341_thumb.jpg

post-19048-0-52422900-1451865346_thumb.jpeg

Thanks. :)

I adopted the attitude of king Arthur with the eel, "run away, run away".

That creek looks mint. Persist with the bass definite a s*** load of fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any tips? Looks like your pretty gun with the Bass. :)

Cheers

Thanks. :)

I adopted the attitude of king Arthur with the eel, "run away, run away".

Any tips? Looks like your pretty gun with the Bass. :)

Cheers

I'm no expert this is infact my first season of it!!! All I can say is you got to keep moving if your not finding fish. Can't go wrong with a jig spin attached to a soft plastic. Surface wise you can't beat a kokoda bat (cheapest and most productive lure ever). Other then that it's mostly crankbaits which anything with a wide action that's kinda fat is a good start. I highly recommend Taylor made lures or feralcatts as they are made for Aussie bass.

Cast as close as you can to structure, if you aren't cracking timber every 10 casts then it's just not close enough. Weedless hooks and and a heavy leader, minimum 12lb are essential. You want those $15-20 lures back trust me. Or you end up like this 189a6aa130217d0d9d56ebc5100f61ea.jpg

And fish it as slow as possible but often a fast retrieve will get fish too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...