Looking at kayaks

Frantic

ok so I'm most prob going to sell my boat as I just don't use it enough and need some cash for reno's (wifey does actually) anyways was looking at a jetski may to setup with the excess cash but can't go in Harbour and still quite a bit of upkeep so I'm looking at a kayak as a good alternative , I can put on roof and and just go for a fish. Anyone got any reviews or own a stealth , prowler, or kraken as most will be close offshore like hat head , SWR and a few other headlands. Also be able to use in Berowra and harbour , input much appreciated

Hobie Pro angler 14 i found to be the best for stability and comfort i took mine out from kiama and belambi and port kembla with great results it also has plenty of room and mine goes on top of the pathfinder with ease if you look in the members kayak section you can see a picture of mine .

and i forgot to add you stay dry in these and on flat water standing up is no problem and im a big boy

Edited by BigRod

I started off with a 4m paddle yak, excellent for stability etc but upgraded to the hobie 2015 outback. The style of fishing I do really demands hands free.

I know alot of the kayak guys prefer sleeker lower centre of gravity paddle yaks for anything resembling offshore, and having taken my outback around middle head etc I know why. The prowler are a great yak for this sort of work and won't break the bank.

But Stealth have a great reputation for dedicated offshore machines. Interested that Big Rod takes his PA out, I'd heard of people having issues with swell but apparently not!

Can't beat Hobie for quality. But it comes at a price :)

I'd say Stealth are top choice for offshore, they are very fast and easy to paddle even on rough water. But if like me you have two left hands and often fish near oyster beds then plastic is better I think. I would love to try the Kraken as I see it as great fishing yak but not being a big guy I bought a RTM Tempo as it is very light at 26kg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

If looking at Hobies for open water don't forgot to look at the Revo 16. Love mine & much better in any sort of swell/wind chop than the other models.

As much as I love the hands free, if I didn't have issues with paddling distances due neck problems I would definitely go back to a Stealth.