Jewies, bream and monster whiting from the beach

RexSenior

Hi Raiders

A report from Blacksmiths Beach last night with a mate who is getting the fishing bug back and new to fishraider, Tizzy (Dennis).

It was a worrying start with the southerly kicking in right when we went worming however we got enough for bait.

Headed out to Blackies Beach around 6pm and the fish were biting from the get-go despite it being 5 hours til high tide.

We landed a few chunky whiting (one around 42cm) and some bream just on dark.

Conditions were pretty rubbish with a strong sweep, southerly and a heap of weed in the gutter from the recent storm swell.

That being said the hits were thick and fast so plenty of fish between the re-rigging.

The dream was kept alive when this young Jew was landed....

post-34486-0-27769800-1452673852_thumb.jpg

Around 50cm however no where near legal these day so happy to let him go to fight another day.

Just before high tide (11pm on a weeknight with work in the morning!) I landed an 85cm Jew - just had a cutlet for dinner and was pretty bloody good!!

Great nights fishing with a great mate - can't beat that!

post-34486-0-31109400-1452674090_thumb.jpg

Cheers, James

Great bag mate, especially for a work night.

Cheers, work was nothing short of ordinary today after getting home well after midnight yet I had a smile all day!

Great haul mate that's some great table fish there !

Well done - was the jewie on worms too?

Thanks Mate, yeah the jew have been loving the worms over the last couple of months. There is a lot of by-catch but I'm not complaining.

Great work RexSenior they sure fight good and

I am sure they taste good to :)

cheers Brando :)

Thanks Brando

Keep that enthusiasm up with your old man and I'm sure you will be on to some Jew soon too!

P.S. Thanks for the soft plastic tips a year ago when you got those ripper flathead!

Nice work James. There's always a rewarding feeling landing some good fish off the beach. You definately have a productive gutter there. Well done :)

Cheers scratchie!!!

P.s Brando has caught many jew as he's always first to put his hand up to come with dad. But we haven't been for a while, so might have to sneak out soon!

Nice work James. There's always a rewarding feeling landing some good fish off the beach. You definately have a productive gutter there. Well done :)

Cheers scratchie!!!

P.s Brando has caught many jew as he's always first to put his hand up to come with dad. But we haven't been for a while, so might have to sneak out soon!

Cheers Guys

If you don't mind me asking how old roughly is Scratchie Jnr? He's got one hell of a start on the rest of us that's awesome!!!

Good work, and a couple of good whiting to go with it. Whitinq at 40cm or more are very nice fish. The jew is also pretty good.

Cheers Mate.

Not sure what it is but those whiting over the last couple of years (Lake Macquarie & surrounding beaches) have been thumpers and are in larger numbers.

Possibly the system catching up after banning trawlers in the lake, if so then I'm happy to pay double my fishing licence fee!!