lane cove river tips

rookiefisher

hi all

i live in hunter hill and am thinking of giving lane cove river a go. does any one know of any launching spots for a kayak and spots to take the kayak around fig tree bridge. i am looking to go after bream, flathead whiting and maybe even jewfish. and can you also tell me what is the best lure or bait(rig) and what time is best. any help will be greatly appreciated

charlie

There's a ramp in burns bay reserve. I've heard you can launch on the north side of the bridge, to the west, but it's rocky. Afraid I don't know much about fishing the area, but there are some other good spots nearby you.

Iron cove is a good spot for flatties and bream. You can park at rodd point for free. Fish the island, the jettys, and the bridge pylons for bream. Flathead are all over. I fish soft plastics - grubs or crusteaz are good for bream, jerk shads and blades for flathead.

You can launch in to the main stretch from the end of Dick street. I've only fished there a couple of times, but I have it on good authority that area is good for the suspects you've listed.

Don't eat anything from there. Filthy. Hence why the fishing is good.