Brisbane River threadies and jews

Adsy91

G'day Raiders,

So I've recently moved up to west Brisbane (Riverhills to be exact) and although I've only been here for a week I have to say I'm about ready to burst with anticipation for a thready or jew! Between getting set up and applying for work here there and everywhere I've managed to put some time aside to prepare for a good fish.

Went out and got two jackalbros transam 95's, one in a black with red highlights for dark conditions and one lighter mullet colour for clearer conditions and bought some single lure hooks to change out the trebles as to not bend hooks out (apparently 50-60% of threadies are lost this way on their first big run in the river)

Went around to a few tackle shops with one in particular being a stand out for information, if your are ever around Jindalee make sure you pop into the Kayak fishing store their. The owner was a legend and actually makes excellent coffee (i was a barista for 10 years) right in the shop.

After picking his brain and doing some more research myself I decided to give it a crack this weekend with the full moon on sunday. I plan to head to Kookaburra park to launch the yak and tempt a few predators around the high tide. I have a sounder with downscan which I will be relying on to find the deeper holes but if anyone in Brisbane wants to tea up a session I am more than happy to make it a team effort and happy to consider other areas to fish.

hit me up if you're keen to give it a try with a noob to the area otherwise hopefully it goes well and I can writr a nice juicy report for you all. It's about time we had some posts from up north!

Tight lines!!

Hey adsy. Wont be long (mod march) till i will be moving north end of gold coast haha keen to explore anything up there mate

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

That's perfect mate, I can start working out the jews, threadies and cod in the Brisbane River and when you get here you can take me out on the Goldy for some Mangrove Jacks! Beautiful place up here man you'll love it!

That's perfect mate, I can start working out the jews, threadies and cod in the Brisbane River and when you get here you can take me out on the Goldy for some Mangrove Jacks! Beautiful place up here man you'll love it!

Haha thats what i like to hear!!! Cant wait. Bring it on!!!

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk