Finally got a YAK!

Rah

G'day Raiders,

I Finally got a YAK!!

Taken quite a few months to actually get around to buying one. Scouring all the usual places for a decent second hand one that wasn't going to cost an arm and a leg or weigh 100kg.

Decided to buy a new one instead. A Terminator 10.

Ended up spending almost double what I wanted to but, soo happy with it. Cant wait to get it in the water. Hopefully Saturday afternoon or early Sunday morning. Plan is to christen it with a bass. :fishing1:

post-19048-0-85998800-1453352690_thumb.jpg

post-19048-0-60360200-1453352742_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Tara

Thanks Big Rod.

Will be down the shoalhaven so will be putting in down there bit will keep an eye put for if your ever going out and will see if I can make it

Cheers

Tara

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Took the yak out a lot over the weekend. Took a bit to get used to so I didn't get too much fishing in but was good to get used to handling, steering and launching off the rocks. Luckily I didn't fall out (ha ha ha) Managed to get decent fishing time in yesterday and after persisting with rescuing lures and plastics from trees and submerged branches managed to hook up to a 18cm Bass. Didn't have my phone on me for fear of it ending up in the drink so no pics, but so stocked to hook a fish on my first weekend of yak fishing.

Corn seemed to help.

The kids loved having a paddle around as well

454e8dcddfafdf94e8b5135f469a5c92.jpg

2d3cbef30370b3f86ff900c66a1f5438.jpg

Cheers

Tara

Hey Tara,

Great work. I just bought exactly the same kayak and also from Kayak Warehouse! Been really happy with it and managed to get out a few times and have caught fish every time. So much fun. Haven't managed to put one of the kids on with me yet though!

Here's mine ready for its first launch into the Woronora River.

post-34651-0-43307600-1454196220_thumb.jpg

Sharknett's comment about leashes is spot on. Managed to lose a rod/reel combo on that first trip!

Have fun.

Super happy with mine too. That was the colour I wanted but was impatient and went with what was in stock. Also was convinced on the higher visibility.

Great work on getting fish each trip. :)

Cheers

Tara