Last fish before moving overseas

mattfinn

Went for a flick yesterday arvo with a good friend of mine. Sadly he couldn't stay for long as his legs are all swollen from a parasite in the water. Anyway he left me to keep fishing and I managed to find some clearer water amongst all the chocolate milk that's in the creeks at the moment. Hardest part was finding water that wasn't running real hard.

I put in the effort cause this is my last trip for a while as I'm moving to New Zealand to study. Was rewarded with a nice silver bass which is a good sign considering how flooded the creeks are in western Sydney. Only a small fella but good fight on a 1-3kg stick. He actually swam toward me which made it a whole lot easier to get him out from some tight stuff. 7e3e19e88880c251a71005ef2fab2e71.jpg

Got him on a Taylormade nugget but was using a live target field mouse to bring the fish up. Saw plenty of movement in the few pools I fished.

Hope to see more freshwater reports so I have some good reports to read to help keep me sane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[]post-20708-0-27368100-1453627010_thumb.jpgWell done Matt for persisting. Hope you do well with your o/s studies and come back to Oz all refreshed and up to catching plenty more freshwater species. In the meantime I'll try to provide you with something to read in the freshwater section. Good luck. Big Neil.

[]attachicon.gifIMG_6607small.jpgWell done Matt for persisting. Hope you do well with your o/s studies and come back to Oz all refreshed and up to catching plenty more freshwater species. In the meantime I'll try to provide you with something to read in the freshwater section. Good luck. Big Neil.

Thanks Neil, these creeks are my escape from reality so to speak and really am going to miss it.

That's a nice cod you got there, how were you targeting them?

Thanks Neil, these creeks are my escape from reality so to speak and really am going to miss it.

I use different methods to catch MC. Mostly bait fishing (cheese, worms, shrimps or yabbies)...fished on the edge of the current or structure. Also do a fair bit of Spinnerbait fishing as well as trolling big lures. All produce at different times. Enjoy your stay in NZ Matt.

I use different methods to catch MC. Mostly bait fishing (cheese, worms, shrimps or yabbies)...fished on the edge of the current or structure. Also do a fair bit of Spinnerbait fishing as well as trolling big lures. All produce at different times. Enjoy your stay in NZ Matt.

Nice nice, bait fishing for cod is definitely more effective then bait fishing for bass I feel. If I had the chance I would be targeting with the lures and hoping for some surface fish.

I shall thanks again.