Boat refit

tide'n'knots

Hi guys I've just had the last week off work and spent the entire week refitting my boat .... A lot of hard work but really happy with the results
Pete

now the pics dont seem to load correctly!!! i hate being technologically challenged !

Edited by tide'n'knots

Nice Job Pete!!! Starting mine this week. Always good to see others having a go! How much do you think you invested (dollar and time wise)?

Cheers,

Paul.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hi paul sorry for the late reply, i took a week off work to do the work on the boat and it took me all week. dollar wise probably around 1200 bucks some of the stuff wasnt excactly cheap. The hatch at the front and the anchor well were 100 each 2 sheets of building ply @ 60 each, carpet, aluminium angle, glues ,screws, hinges etc and welding cost me 200 so it soon adds up

Well done for having a go Pete!Good job.What was wrong with your transom?Cracked/split welds?

gday mate, the boat was designed to take a short shaft motor and when i bought the boat i told the salesman to make the back of the boat higher and put a long shaft motor on it as i was concerned that water might come in the back from large boats while i was at anchor. to cut a long story short they didnt make the back high enough and lifted the motor so that it wasnt sitting on the transom firmly and over time it has flexed and caused small cracks so i had the back lifted and fixed up.Its my own fault because i should never have accepted the boat the way it was but just thought it would be ok and it wasnt!

pete