Looking for a 90HP Outboard

dvs626

Im looking for a 90HP Outboard to purchase for the boat im building with my dad.

We have been looking at Long Shaft.

Also been looking at both 2 Stroke and 4 stroke.

Preferred Manufacturers in no particular order (open to recommendations): Mercury, Suzuki, Honda and Yamaha

Ideally like everyone, my dad an I would like to find a new outboard for the boat, however due to the prices of the newest models we suspect that brand new is going to be too expensive for us.

Does anyone know of anyone that might sell New Old Stock? if they still exist. Id still be happy with an older model that has not been used yet, or alternatively any other recommendations even for used outboards from reliable suppliers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

When i used tp get fiahing magazines there used to be a mob in liverpool that had heaps of motors. Cant remember their name.

But another idea, jump on facebook and look for fishing groups. They sell all kind of stuff. Have seen motors on sale.

75-115hp outboards are extremely difficult to come by second hand, nearly everyone wants them so you'll be paying nearly brand new prices for a relatively new second hand 90hp. Not saying it won't happen but have been down this path before, it was frustrating to say the least.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, ill take a look at those options.

I can definitely see what you mean about how difficult they are to find, i check every day and they are so hard to come by at the right price.

Currently thinking the boat will be finished towards the end of this year. Id like to push that forward of course but i need to take into account my dads time as well as my own. Were getting there.

I wonder if towards the end of the year, more might coem on tot he market as people replace getting ready for the new

season. Also from an ETEC point of view as the G2's get in to more main stream then I guess that these will be up for sale a bit more

but they need to make some smaller ones.

I'm guessing that the 200HP G2 won't help out out much when looking for a 90!