Sign in to follow this  
galini09

any news from JB?

hi All,

heading to JB on the weekend to chase Marlin.

Just wondering if anyone has heard any reports from down there, any mates been down. i know the fishing's been goo further south out of batemans/bermagui

Fished Monday. It was a tough day all round. We did not turn a real and a lot of the radio chatter was to the same effect. But they can show up one day and be gone the next. Good luck

Fished Monday. It was a tough day all round. We did not turn a real and a lot of the radio chatter was to the same effect. But they can show up one day and be gone the next. Good luck

Thanks bud... Too true that, charts look good for the general area at this stage should be some bait holding in the eddies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

also fished monday, nothing for us and radio was differant, tuesday was alot more action, 150kg black weighed at greenwell point. alot of wind for the rest of week so doubt many boats be out so weekend could throw up anything?

also fished monday, nothing for us and radio was differant, tuesday was alot more action, 150kg black weighed at greenwell point. alot of wind for the rest of week so doubt many boats be out so weekend could throw up anything?

let's hope so!! see if i can evade the bloody dolphin-fish for once. Every time we chase marlin we catch a Dollie, not complaining about the taste but it would be nice for the reel to scream with the right stuff just once. they all make the same sound at the start!!

Im still zip from 4 trips.. had strikes but no hooks.. anything will do at the moment

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Im still zip from 4 trips.. had strikes but no hooks.. anything will do at the moment

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

What hooks are you using? And do you sharpen them down

A mate got 3 or 4 up and landed 1 off Wollongong Monday in 40-50 fathoms. Not JB I know but worth knowing I spose

Fished tues fad to kink for a donut. No flow at all no Dollies at the fad and not much positive chatter. A few fish on The Banks and with the forcast this w end I think its worth a try. Once the current that's turning out off Sydney gets down here it shoud start to fire.

A few days before landed a Stripe on a lure

Then fished last Monday (25th) for 2 striped Marlin off J.B live baiting near schools of slimy mackerel.

Fished again on Tuesday (not as much bait around and a bit blowy) for a good Dolly about 15kg and a hammerhead ( no Marlin) but some other boats got a few.

So far Its been a pretty good season down here, with a lot of fish caught on lures and live bait

Heading to Jervis Bay Area in about three weeks to chase Marlin... Probably fish the banks... Any suggestions where to stay and best boat ramp to head offshore?

Greenwell point has an excellent floating boat ramp - one of the best on the south coast. Not much current lately on the banks, lets hope that changes soon I got a small black jump on 3kg spin gear on the block fad last week and then released a big striped later in the day but it wasn't the hot bite we had there a few weeks back.

went out off Kiama Saturday water was pretty green, no current inside the shelf I think a couple of fish were caught today between a fair amount of boats, bom shows current coming back down again so you could be in for some action