Kayak meets

allen_f

Helllllloooooooo fellow yakkers. I have an idea, just trying to see if it will work.

If any raider is looking for partners, wanting to plan a meet or planning a daytrip please post here. For all Raiders interested, please subscribe to this thread to get updates :D

I think the easiest way to do it is to follow a template:

Date:

Time:

Launch Site:

Target species (Optional):

If you are going to go to attend the session just respond so the organiser knows who will be attending and enjoy the trip. This will give us a chance to meet new people and make new friends. Friends who fish are friends to keep hahaha :fishing1::banana:

What do you guys think?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha join us mate, only a short paddle...

:mfr_lol:

Always keen to meet up if I can make it, so will keep an eye out. Just generally can't be bothered to organise anything! Also at the minute a friend of mine who recently has arrived from Canada has got a yak, so I've been showing him the ropes. Still, I'll follow this closely and show up if feasible.

Hey fellas. Have a day off work next Friday. So going for a yak session in the port hacking. Details below. All welcome to join.

Date: 12/02/16

Time: 5:30AM

Launch Site: Wally's wharf

Target species (Optional): Will be mainly using soft plastics for flathead and bream, some surface lures to try my luck at some whiting, may pump some nippers depending on how lazy I am feeling. Open to anything really.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey fellas. Have a day off work next Friday. So going for a yak session in the port hacking. Details below. All welcome to join.

Date: 12/02/16

Time: 5:30AM

Launch Site: Wally's wharf

Target species (Optional): Will be mainly using soft plastics for flathead and bream, some surface lures to try my luck at some whiting, may pump some nippers depending on how lazy I am feeling. Open to anything really.

Hey Joep,

Did you head out yesterday? How did you get on?

I managed to launch from Gray's Point much later in the morning. Not much around for me. Caught a few snapper but only one was legal. No flatties at all.

Hey Joep,

Did you head out yesterday? How did you get on?

I managed to launch from Gray's Point much later in the morning. Not much around for me. Caught a few snapper but only one was legal. No flatties at all.

Im surprised you got a legal snapper!!! Biggest ive ever caught was 27-28ish, where abouts did you find the golden child? Hahahaha

I have a few free days towards the end of feb, hoping to get into some kings around lilli pilli if anyone is keen to get out :)

Im surprised you got a legal snapper!!! Biggest ive ever caught was 27-28ish, where abouts did you find the golden child? Hahahaha

I have a few free days towards the end of feb, hoping to get into some kings around lilli pilli if anyone is keen to get out :)

Hey Allen,

I've caught a lot in the high 20's but this one was about 30.5cm! I have been keeping the first legal fish of each species I catch in my yak and so this one met the criteria! Tasted nice too!

Got it just drifting with bait off North West Arm when it hit. Nice little fight on my light gear and cool to catch a legal one in there!

Let's get a day organised to head out and see if we can get some kings!

Have a good weekend.

Hey Allen,

I've caught a lot in the high 20's but this one was about 30.5cm! I have been keeping the first legal fish of each species I catch in my yak and so this one met the criteria! Tasted nice too!

Got it just drifting with bait off North West Arm when it hit. Nice little fight on my light gear and cool to catch a legal one in there!

Let's get a day organised to head out and see if we can get some kings!

Have a good weekend.

Definitely mate! I'm going to head out into botany bay sometime next week with a couple of mates in inflatables. We'll just be hanging around the rock groynes. If they aren't free and I finalise a day, I'll be heading out to the hacking and I'll post the deets up here :)

• 2 weeks later...

I did ok, but not great. The good in the trip was out-shadowed by the losses. Picked up a salmon, heaps of little tailor, 8 or so flaties to 58cm and a small jew. Lost 3 much more sizeable jewies >:( i saw the last one, would have been pushing 90cm, really nice fish...

Ill put up a report tomorrow and link it here :)