Kayak meets

allen_f

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are monster kings reported over at portkembla islands, skuba divers are reporting huge kings at Bass point. But they are not really active.

Port and Coniston breakwalls have been closed for a while so if you launch at port you'll have those waters to yourself, I reckon the Jews there have probably forgotten what a fishing rig looks like ?

I was down at port on sunday, few kings were caught, i got busted by a few. One was a decent size fish, the others were just enthusiastic. Keen to try and get out to the islands but need company/epirb thingy? Dunno. Im keen on a meet?

Hi all, ive got my eye on this Sunday.  Weather looks cloudy but otherwise good.  Anyone keen? Likely to head south to play with the kings that have been consistent down there of late.  Let me know if you're keen

Sorry man, im keen to go when ever but i got to admit beach launches are going to be wet in my kayak lmao. I went out to the island to the NE of the port entrance on sunday.  I got out there and a bloke in a boat kept talking about sharks and my imminent death so i lost my nerve and went back to port...

Only two beaches to choose from to launch near hill60.....Fishermans and that little one behind the college. Personally the little one would be my choice as there is little to no waves but getting the Yak back up the 60 degree road off the beach after a day yaking would be tiring ?

Fishermans has small waves so you could probably launch there.

7 hours ago, krause said:

Sorry man, im keen to go when ever but i got to admit beach launches are going to be wet in my kayak lmao. I went out to the island to the NE of the port entrance on sunday.  I got out there and a bloke in a boat kept talking about sharks and my imminent death so i lost my nerve and went back to port...

you wanna go back to willis road or just launch from PK ramp again and we dont need to worry about sharks i had a small tiger visit mine when i went to to port mac , there usually just curious we have more of a chance running in to a bull shark in sydney harbour or in the hawkesbury 

5 hours ago, Lungfai76 said:

Only two beaches to choose from to launch near hill60.....Fishermans and that little one behind the college. Personally the little one would be my choice as there is little to no waves but getting the Yak back up the 60 degree road off the beach after a day yaking would be tiring ?

Fishermans has small waves so you could probably launch there.

the beach next to the treament works isnt to bad with a 2 people its very doable 

Yeah that's the one behind the college. There used to be 4wd access to the beach off Gloucester Blvd. You can still see it on google maps. It's locked now but you can still walk down the road. But yeah the treatment plant rocky descend would probably quicker if you can lift your Yak down it ? 

Rod, your PA weighs more than i do, so ill favor any site where wheels can be used.  Im not to fussed about sharks but there is only so much i can hear about my impending doom before i have to surrender. To a shark what's the differencebetween the island and the breakwall... nothing :)

Im keen for port or the island, just got to ask what are we trying for off the island and can we get livies? Lungfai, you joining? Anyone else?

Cheers