Yak help.

p-ziller

G'Day Raiders,

I'm looking into purchasing a kayak to fish the fresh and would like the opinions and suggestions of fellow Raiders.

Some of the criteria that i would like to meet follows:

Price: ideally under the 2k mark. Obviously the cheaper the better.

Condition: Second hand or new, no real preference.

Comfort: I plan to be fishing for multiple hours (minimum 2).

Location: In Sydney metro would be great, NSW wide should be OK.

Now to throw a spanner in the works, im 6"10 tall and pushing a buck thirty!

I'm not sure exactly what manufacturer specs are for Kayaks and if it is at all possible to find something that accommodates.

Looking forward to the info!!!

Cheers,

Paul.

Dagger kayaks make a 2 man that you can move the seat and paddle by yourself with heaps of leg room and weight capacity, I am 6'3" which is nothing like your issue but i reckon there is a good 300mm of room in front of my feet when im solo in it, really stable and pretty light considering it is a 2 man. it is called a drifter can get them for about $1500 new i think have had mine for years

Hey mate. Should definitely be a few around that'll suit you. Generally the pure fresh fishers like the smaller yaks for maneuverability but at 6 10 might be a squeeze [emoji14] have a look at some of the American brands like Jackson they do a lot of larger yaks suited to big blokes. Their weight capacity is easily within the limits and they use em for bass fishing over there. 2nd hand one would be easy in your budget :)

Hey mate. Should definitely be a few around that'll suit you. Generally the pure fresh fishers like the smaller yaks for maneuverability but at 6 10 might be a squeeze [emoji14] have a look at some of the American brands like Jackson they do a lot of larger yaks suited to big blokes. Their weight capacity is easily within the limits and they use em for bass fishing over there. 2nd hand one would be easy in your budget :)

Witha,

Had a quick look at the Jackson Cuda! im really liking that one.

Thanks for the help!

Cheers,

Paul.

I know just how big you are Paul....

Get anything over 3m and wide. You'll find with the fishing that a hobie will be helpful but you can always save some money and get a standard yak and then buy an electric motor for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have a look at the big tuna from jackson kayaks as well, have been eying it off for some time now.

I'm starting to like Jackson yaks more and more!!! Also finding it difficult to choose a model that I favour! Haha

Get anything over 3m and wide. You'll find with the fishing that a hobie will be helpful but you can always save some money and get a standard yak and then buy an electric motor for it.

Matty!!!!

Great advice as always man!! How you been? How's everything over there?

Send us a message when you get a chance!

Paul.

Edited by p-ziller

Matty!!!!

Great advice as always man!! How you been? How's everything over there?

Send us a message when you get a chance!

Paul.