Port Hacking - a few bream

Yowie

Pumped some nippers yesterday arvo, so I could head out early this morning.

Headed to the sand flats in Gunnamatta Bay so I was fishing at first light on the horizon, drifted about the flats for the bream and couple of whiting. By the time the sky was about half light, the fish stopped biting. Drifted about for a while until after sun-up for only a couple of little pickers, and a few fat porcupines.

Not much of a report, but it was a bit of fun while the fish were on the bite. 6 pound mono and a longshank hook, and the bigger bream made a few fast runs during the fight.

post-13153-0-96887300-1454891172_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Yowie, that's a damn fine haul for a short session. well done and it will keep you fed for a few days!!

Regards,

Nathan

Sent from my GT-I9507 using Tapatalk

Thank you, a couple for me, and some for mum and another brother.

Fine bag of fish Dave, those bream look so tasty

Chris :1fishing1: .

Thank you Chris.

Most of the bream had quite of number of crushed shells in their guts, don't know what sort, similar to small pipis but not quite. All either fat with roe or milt, so must have been getting ready for spawning.

Good stuff yowie nice bag of bream there, interesting to see them eating shellfish

Have found them on as few occasions full of crushed shells. Right through the intestines, must be a pain in the arse heading out the other end. :074:

One also had a stomach full of squirt worms, and another had a small nipper and a couple of small crabs.

Nice feed yowie. A couple nice sized specimens there as well mate

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Thank you, The largest bream was just over 1.5 pound, and took off like a rocket on the first run.