Dunns swamp

Busy-livin

Hi all!

This weekend I'm heading off for a camp trip with some mates to dunns swamp. I'm taking a kayak and a rod I know that much but as for fish, rigs, lures, or basically what to expect up there I have no idea! I've always been a saltwater fisho/ boater living on the coast! Does anyone have experience up there and could inform me on what spinners I should be looking at and what to expect

Cheers

Cant help with that one just yet but coincidently my missus has asking to go out there for a weekend & it looks like its happening next month.I dont know how she found the place Ive never heard of it! so if you can get some info & maybe even pics of whats there I would much appreciate it!

Brett

Golden Perch and Murry Cod are the 2 main targets. Your best bet would be mid/large divers, spinnerbaits, lipless cranks and maybe some plastics and surface lures. There's plenty of rock walls and reed edges to cast at. Just keep casting and changing lures regularly, you'll soon work out a pattern. Even if you don't find fish, it's a beautiful area to paddle around.

Good luck!

Cheers,

Adam.

Cant help with that one just yet but coincidently my missus has asking to go out there for a weekend & it looks like its happening next month.I dont know how she found the place Ive never heard of it! so if you can get some info & maybe even pics of whats there I would much appreciate it!

Brett

. I'm yet to know where I'm going haha lucky I'm following a few people up! Google maps can go wrong' no worries I'll report my findings

Golden Perch and Murry Cod are the 2 main targets. Your best bet would be mid/large divers, spinnerbaits, lipless cranks and maybe some plastics and surface lures. There's plenty of rock walls and reed edges to cast at. Just keep casting and changing lures regularly, you'll soon work out a pattern. Even if you don't find fish, it's a beautiful area to paddle around.

Good luck!

Cheers,

Adam.

Legend! The photos on the internet look amazing I can't wait

• 2 weeks later...

So I've since returned from dunns swamp... Get there ! As fast as you can go! It is absolutely amazing the Rock clifs the go dead straight into the water and all the colours in different light are amazing!! As for fishing I can't help as k didn't even wet a line! The camping is great clean sites and plenty of toilets around.. A friendly goanna and a few turtles swimming around at waters edge!

I'll be back that's for sure!

Haha nice! I got there later Friday night and left Sunday luch time.. A long way for such a brief time but only made me want to go for longer.. We did a lot of bush walking and swimming as for fishing zero! A bloke was out all day Saturday for nothing.. Said he was using spinners and poppers in the structure . Tips.. Take the rods and tackle box haha I had car issues and had to take the old mans hatch back.. No room for rods :(

• 4 weeks later...

I have tried fishing this place once and whilst it looks absolutely epic I wasn't able to catch anything, still worth a visit just for the scenery though and a great spot to camp.

I still intend to go back at some stage and give it another crack, but I have done internet searches for stocking records and I couldn't find any records since around 2004/05 which seems a bit strange.

I suspect there could be some issues at play as to why it hasn't ( from what I could tell at the time) been re-stocked, possibly something to do with it being in a national park!

Gus

• 8 months later...

Hey guys, not sure if any of you have returned to Dunns swamp since this post but I was there yesterday afternoon and managed to pull out a nice golden perch and a couple of murray cod. the murray cod were only babies and out of season so after a quick photo they were released unharmed but the perch came home for a nice dinner date. I was using 50mm AC lures in purple trolling behind a tinnie.

Scotty